Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 06:11 PM

17 posts, read 49,497 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to Fort Mill SC from Jacksonville FL. Can anyone give us some feedback on the best area to purchase a home in the $450,000 range?

We have noticed homes in the following areas within our price range. Please provide feel free to comment on each area. We don't have alot of time to look around and any information you can give us will be greatly appreciated.
  • Tega Cay
  • Hagan Farm Road
  • Regent Park
  • Fort Mill

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2007, 06:50 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,172,565 times
You will have many options in your price range...what is important to you in a home? For example, size of home, bedrooms, bathrooms, acreage, schools, community amenities...that would help to give you advice.

Old 12-10-2007, 06:37 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,437,685 times
None of them are bad...some people don't like Regent Park because there are some old eyesores nearby. It also depends where you will be working too.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:38 AM

146 posts, read 451,881 times
We found the Regent Park area to be a little creepy, with the old eyesores that Groove mentioned. Depending on what you are looking for there are tons of new neighborhoods in the Fort Mill area. Baxter Village is very nice but the lots are very small. We relocated this summer to one of the newer Lakeshore developments on Tega Cay and are very happy with the area so far. Good Luck! I am sure you will find a lot to chose from.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:54 AM

BV has some new larger lots...but they are nex to power lines. I'm not saying that those are harmful as the jury is still out, but I'm not taking any chances.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:48 AM

251 posts, read 1,128,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
BV has some new larger lots...but they are nex to power lines. I'm not saying that those are harmful as the jury is still out, but I'm not taking any chances.
No groove, the jury is IN on the question of whether high-voltage electric transmission lines are harmful to nearby residents. previously, there had been concern that electrostatic radiation might pose a cancer threat to those nearby, however, a review of many extensive scientific medical studies has shown no increase in any type of cancer risk forsuch residents. Of course, I would not suggest trying to climb any of the towers! On the other hand, some people appreciate the added open space power line easements add to neighborhoods---they often mena larger backyards....

Old 12-10-2007, 01:17 PM

The results of those reviews were released in teh spring of this year. Here is an article from August:

Report links power lines to cancer

Old 12-10-2007, 05:34 PM

4 posts, read 18,796 times
What are these "eyesores" in/near Regent Park? My husband and I are considering a move into Regent Park from Matthews, NC and are trying to get a feel for the area.

Old 12-10-2007, 06:16 PM

17 posts, read 49,497 times
Schools are important since I have a boy that will be entering high school however I understand that any school in YORK COUNTY is good. We would like to have a study and bonus room plus a three (3) car garage. Does Baxter Village have homes with three car garages in the new section?

Thanks

Old 12-11-2007, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme-poz View Post
What are these "eyesores" in/near Regent Park? My husband and I are considering a move into Regent Park from Matthews, NC and are trying to get a feel for the area.
Just drive in there and you will see. It was the headquarters for Jim Bakker's PTL before it fell and housed an amusement park. Since the buildings in and around there (for the most part) haven't been maintained in a long time, you will see some things tha will make you feel like you are in a Stephen King novel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties