U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 05:38 PM

15 posts, read 18,378 times

Advertisements

Has anyone here ever used Max Pickelsimer in York County? I am saving up my pennies (those my husband is not giving to his girlfriend) to prepare for a divorce and I need someone who can face down the rabid dog my husband will become during a divorce- problem is money. I have been saving for a year now and I know I still do not have nearly enough. I read about Connie Payne and Debbie Mollycheck and I WISH I could afford one of them. I checked out Jennifer Ashe and her rates are reasonable - just want to find out if anyone here has any info on Max Pickelsimer before I make my decision.

ANY knowledge out there is VERY much appreciated.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2014, 01:47 PM

10,109 posts, read 10,351,942 times
I can't help you. I don't know anything about Pickelsimer, I don't think he practices here, but perhaps I am wrong.

I can only tell you about Connie Payne and how she got my daughter out of a divorce mess. I did not realize she had raised her fees to the point that most people can't afford her now. Did you call Payne and Mollycheck and inquire about their rates?

You might get more info on Pickelsimer in the Columbia forum, I think he is affiliated with a group there. But times are hard lawyers may travel the whole state to practice.

Old 04-27-2014, 03:09 PM

133 posts, read 179,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ks4all View Post
Has anyone here ever used Max Pickelsimer in York County? I am saving up my pennies (those my husband is not giving to his girlfriend) to prepare for a divorce and I need someone who can face down the rabid dog my husband will become during a divorce- problem is money. I have been saving for a year now and I know I still do not have nearly enough. I read about Connie Payne and Debbie Mollycheck and I WISH I could afford one of them. I checked out Jennifer Ashe and her rates are reasonable - just want to find out if anyone here has any info on Max Pickelsimer before I make my decision.

ANY knowledge out there is VERY much appreciated.
I have experience with Debbie Mollycheck and Jennifer Ashe and would recommend them both highly - dm me for details. I've never heard of Max Pickelsimer.

Old 04-27-2014, 08:06 PM

Thanks CarolinaWoman and TeamMorrell. Found this forum on google and thought, "Hey, good place to post queries". The internet is a wondrous place. Also reading up on divorce law in SC. Much to prepare for.

Old 04-27-2014, 09:00 PM

133 posts, read 179,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ks4all View Post
Thanks CarolinaWoman and TeamMorrell. Found this forum on google and thought, "Hey, good place to post queries". The internet is a wondrous place. Also reading up on divorce law in SC. Much to prepare for.
ks4all - I tried to respond to your direct message, but apparently you're set up not to receive DM's?

Old 04-27-2014, 09:36 PM

OH - new here, let me check into that immediately. Thanks.

Old 04-27-2014, 09:50 PM

Okay TeamMorrell, it should work now. I am still navigating the forum - hope I did it right this time!

Old 04-27-2014, 09:50 PM

2 posts, read 3,068 times
I STRONGLY advise against using Jennifer Ashe. I'm speaking from personal experience.

Old 04-27-2014, 09:57 PM

Anything specific you can tell me that might help in my decision-making process Jersey Mike? Thanks.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:19 PM

2 posts, read 3,068 times
Sure. The $5,000 retainer fee evaporated before we even made it to the final hearing. The ex and I had an agreement and were not involved in a vicious divorce, so we were both working together. I felt like it should have been an easier process for that reason. She is ex-military and treats you as a subordinate. She was late to the first hearing. I felt she was reluctant to advise or give an opinion on decisions that needed to be made.

After the final hearing and the divorce was finalized, there was no follow-up or conclusion. No recap of what was required moving forward, no thank you for your business, nothing... Actually, she did let me know that an additional $500 was due to file some final paperwork. But, that was only after I called to find out why something was being delayed. I felt like approx. $10k for a pretty-amicable divorce was excessive. This is all just my opinion, of course.

I felt like if she had a dream with you in it, you would be billed for it... This is just my opinion.

If you are interested, I can recommend an awesome attorney. It would be the one my ex-used.

Hope this helps, and I wish you all the best...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties