Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 09:01 PM

6 posts, read 12,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rll282 View Post
Bonterra Builders - The Overlook at the Enclaves at Crismark (Indian Trail)
Merritage Homes - Riverchase (Ft Mill)
We bought in the Enclaves over a year ago now. The quality of materials and construction is nice and the location is fantastic with great access to I-485 and shopping in Matthews. Their craftsman do a really good job. We love our wooded lot. We have some issues with storm water not being properly intercepted and diverted into proper drainage structures. We literally have a small river running across the front of our lawn and front walk way and they won't do anything to help us. All the water has killed many of our shrubs and I hate to think how wet our crawl space is (which has a strong smell during the wet times of the year). We have a small stream that runs almost constantly across our driveway. It's almost like they don't even require a proper stormwater management plan for developments here in NC (?). Our last development in VA had a large concrete stormwater inlet (with a large metal grate on top) every other lot, even on top of a hill. The small fixes that they have done for a neighbor are grossly undersized and are made of black plastic. After leaving many phone messages and no one ever returning phone calls, I have to say that I was really turned off by this company.

On a more positive note, they were quick to fix anything on the inside of the house (leaks, drywall, paint, floors, sinkhole in backyard, cabinets peeling, door knobs). If you buy here, I would be very careful which lot you choose. Even people on the higher side of the street have had massive rivers running from their backyard to the front. Again, there is no real design for stormwater management going on here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2014, 07:48 PM

7 posts, read 18,819 times
Wish I would have seen this sooner :-/ wWe decided to move forward with the Enclaves and the lot we chose actually has a storm water drainage grate in the backyard. The house is still being built so I have yet to see if this is a good or bad thing...

Old 11-24-2014, 08:36 PM

135 posts, read 194,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rll282 View Post
Wish I would have seen this sooner :-/ wWe decided to move forward with the Enclaves and the lot we chose actually has a storm water drainage grate in the backyard. The house is still being built so I have yet to see if this is a good or bad thing...
Well, in all likelihood it's a good thing because you shouldn't have any standing water issues on your property - and a bad thing because you'll have an ugly storm water drain in your yard. But hopefully they'll landscape around that for you to minimize the impact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties