U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2008, 08:43 AM

36 posts, read 156,453 times

Advertisements

Hi! I am thinking about getting a real estate license and I live in SC. How does it work to sell in both SC & NC? Do you have to take both tests? Which schools are recommended? Any advise is appreciated!

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2008, 01:53 PM

14 posts, read 48,543 times
I went with Fortune Academy - - they have classes at York Tech. I took the SC test. Once you pass the SC test, you can pay a fee and get a reciprocal license in several states, including NC. You don't have to take another test. Living close to the border, it is advisable to have a license in both NC & SC. Good luck!

Old 04-07-2008, 09:58 AM

1 posts, read 7,336 times
what kind of education do you need to become a realtor in that area?

and about how much did your education cost?
thanks

Old 04-13-2008, 06:46 PM

36 posts, read 176,785 times
Default Links to Real Estate Schools

Hi!

It's been awhile, but I would guestimate the education will cost $450-$600.
There is a fee to take the test.
There are Realtor Association joining fees.

It is very competitive in York County. The market seems to be improving a little for sellers. Rates have dropped here, bringing more buyers.

Links for classes locally are below.

There are also weekend schools throughout the state if you want to finish faster.

Licensing (http://www.yorktech.com/Licensing/default.asp - broken link)
real estate school, continuing education, on-line education, real estate education, online education

Old 05-19-2008, 06:30 PM

7 posts, read 32,332 times
It is super easy to get your SC and then pay your fee to get the NC. The requirements for both states are different so be sure to constantly keep tabs on what you need as far as continuing education. But be prepared..it is not easy! It is good once you get established, but that could take awhile with all the competition. I took my classes at York Tech and I have also taken classes at the Realtor association in Rock Hill (on main street). I had good experiences at both. Good Luck!

Old 03-12-2017, 03:49 PM

139 posts, read 330,623 times
Default Reviving an old thread

I know this thread was started quite a while ago, but I wanted to revive it with a follow-up question.

How much does it cost to activate your license with a company? I know there are many start-up fees - lockboxes, MLS membership fees, yard signs, etc.

Also, how much does it cost to keep your license active on a monthly basis? I know this number varies from company to company; but some are more than others. I was licensed in another state, and it cost me $200.00 a month just to be affiliated with RE/MAX, and then they took a split when I sold something. Another company charged a couple hundred a month but waived it if you had at least two escrows per month, and the split was much higher than it was with RE/MAX.

Old 03-13-2017, 09:05 AM

133 posts, read 174,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelle View Post
I know this thread was started quite a while ago, but I wanted to revive it with a follow-up question.

How much does it cost to activate your license with a company? I know there are many start-up fees - lockboxes, MLS membership fees, yard signs, etc.

Also, how much does it cost to keep your license active on a monthly basis? I know this number varies from company to company; but some are more than others. I was licensed in another state, and it cost me $200.00 a month just to be affiliated with RE/MAX, and then they took a split when I sold something. Another company charged a couple hundred a month but waived it if you had at least two escrows per month, and the split was much higher than it was with RE/MAX.
It's totally different depending on which brokerage you're with. I can tell you that with Keller Williams, it's going to cost you about $2000 to get into the business. (license class, test, join the mls, join the association, join the brokerage, signs, cards, all in everything) After that, with KW it will cost you about $70/month.

I'm happy to talk through it all with you - shoot me a message if you're interested in a phone call or even stopping by the office for a chat.

Old 03-13-2017, 06:38 PM

139 posts, read 330,623 times
Thank you very much! Yes, Real Estate in Arizona was kind of like the Wild West.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties