Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 09:15 AM

20 posts, read 64,373 times

Advertisements

On behalf of us folks in "The Glen" at Belair at Carolina Lakes - welcome! We've lived here since May 2007 and absolutely love the neighborhood and the neighbors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 12:12 PM

78 posts, read 225,112 times
Thanks for the welcome JM14638. I'm excited! How are the utilities over there? i.e. electric, cable, etc.

CVP,
When will your home be ready? Did you live in SC already?

Old 07-24-2008, 07:35 PM
CVP

581 posts, read 1,905,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjen View Post
Thanks for the welcome JM14638. I'm excited! How are the utilities over there? i.e. electric, cable, etc.

CVP,
When will your home be ready? Did you live in SC already?
The home is about to be started, so it will be a while yet. We had a home to sell in PA and thankfully we now have a buyer! In the meantime, we're renting in Ballantyne. Can't wait for them to get moving on it!

Old 07-28-2008, 06:45 PM

78 posts, read 225,112 times
They're starting our home this week. We have a buyer for our home in VA and we're closing the middle of August. We will be renting in Lake Wylie for about three months until our home is done. The apartment complex I'm renting from was the only one I could find without paying a 200. additional a month because of the short lease. They said our home will be complete about the end of October beginning of November.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:40 AM

14 posts, read 41,509 times
Default Cornerstone Time Table

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRKLYN2CLT View Post
Opposite Sun City on 521...Straight from Crosland's Corp Website:

Cornerstone

Located at the next largest commercial intersection south of Ballantyne in Charlotte, North Carolina, Cornerstone will comprise 800,000+ square feet of retail and a 40-acre office/medical component. This dynamic shopping center will be located directly across Highway 521 from Sun City at Carolina Lakes, a Del Webb community, proposing over 3,300 homes on 1,230 acres surrounding ten lakes. Cornerstone will include large format retailers, as well as many specialty shops, restaurants and entertainment. For leasing information, please contact Ryan Preston at 704/561-5277.
Spoke w/ Cornerstone spokesman Ryan the other day, 2/09, & he said things had slowed down due to economic conditions & that some original outlets were rethinking their options. Also said Cornerstone will now probably be built in sections & not all at once beginning in 2010.

Art

Old 12-28-2009, 08:12 AM

192 posts, read 687,569 times
I'm hoping to get my Mom into a soon-to-be-built home in the 2nd Court phase of Belair. This thread is a little out of date so I assume all of you that were building in Belair, are now living there. How do you like the neighborhood?

Old 12-29-2009, 04:23 AM
CVP

581 posts, read 1,905,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baggleflap View Post
I'm hoping to get my Mom into a soon-to-be-built home in the 2nd Court phase of Belair. This thread is a little out of date so I assume all of you that were building in Belair, are now living there. How do you like the neighborhood?
I like it very much. Is your mom elderly? She will need to get out and drive places because Belair is still a little hop, skip and a jump to most major stores and restaurants. There's a mix of people in the neighborhood....many young families with children on up to a number of retirees in the Court as well. The variety is nice. We are very pleased with our Pulte home and are glad we moved here a year ago.

Old 02-28-2010, 08:51 AM

Breaking ground on my Mom's house in March. Decided on Belair because it's a typical family neighborhood but with the Court area of small homes with lawn service. Every time I drive thru there, I see people out and about which is what she needs. Currently, she lives in a big house in an older neighborhood. Neighborhood kids are all grown up and gone and she goes for days without seeing or talking to anyone. Hoping she'll meet lots of new friends in Belair. She closes in June.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:19 PM

5 posts, read 10,440 times
Sounds like she'll be right next to me. My wife and I live near phase 2 of the Court. It looks like a lot of lots have sold back in our section.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:02 AM

My Mom's lot is right next to the spec home they are building in the cul-de-sac. My brother is helping her with her move and will be living with her for a while and we just live down the road in Fort Mill.

Does anyone know what type of medical doctors are in that building on 521 in front of Belair?

Also, I read that some people were having problems with the water. Has that been resolved? She's used a softener and a filter for many, many years, so I suspect she'll get both here too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties