Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 12:54 PM

40 posts, read 147,748 times

Advertisements

I'm glad that you're happy! The Carolinas are wonderful. Being a native Texan who moved to Murrells Inlet, SC last year, I must give one Kudo to the Tennessee boys....without their help at the Alamo and San Jacinto, I'd be habloing espanol!!
YYYeeeeHaaa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 01:38 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,432,819 times
The nuke plant may shut down if the drought continues. Your power bill however would go up if that happens.

Old 01-23-2008, 01:50 PM

116 posts, read 430,806 times
You Just Can't Win In This Life !!! Lol

Old 03-30-2010, 01:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,717 times
Wow, those are some ridiculous stories. Funny how I've lived in TN all my life and the last six years in Nashville and nothing like that has ever happend to me or anyone I know for that matter. Just because you had several bad experiences does not mean Nashville is a bad place to live. Actually, it's a great place to live. I know tons of people who have moved here from other cities and states, and love Nashville so much they ended up making it their permanent residence. It's so sad that you have posted such negative comments about this great city for people to read who know nothing about Nashville and have never even been here. Seriously what part of town where you in to have a police officer pull into your driveway and knock on the door for something that stupid? I was raised in a very small town and even there, nothing like that ever happened. I'm sorry for all your misfortune, but I'm glad you are out of Nashville and out of Tennessee. People like you give us a bad name, and it makes me sick.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:29 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,531,203 times
The Carolinas are notorious for alot of stupidity. I don't know if you could call the area an intellectual utopia. Just look at the recent headlines -- a woman arrested in her mobile home during a striptease for 12 year olds, an LEO in Lancaster fired for perhaps some insensitive comments, elected official comparing the First Lady to a monkedy, not to mention the whole Gov. Marco mystery last year. Welcome to South Carolina, but don't expect perfection here.

I'm from Lancastr and lived for a short time in Memphis. Would love to move back sometimes. Hope to visit soon.

Old 04-02-2010, 03:54 PM

474 posts, read 1,749,663 times
The original thread is two years old. I don't even think the original poster lives in South Carolina anymore. Every state has positives and negatives. It comes down to individual preferences and experiences.

Old 04-13-2010, 01:07 PM

2 posts, read 3,658 times
why is that most of the northerners feel like its ok to blast us southern folks just because there not ued to our way of life. you dont see very many southern folk up north. hmm wonder why that is. i dont mind yall being down here. ill be the first to give yall a big ole howdy. but please keep the rude comments about southern folks to yourself. you wouldent like it if we just started calling yall damn yankees. and truth be told some of yall are very rude. not everybody but alot of people. feel free to bash me if you want i just want to know what yalls opinions are. and yes i know this paragraph is not grammar correct so feel free to bash on that if you want also. well im out here enjoy yalls stay in the carolina and maybe some of the folks around here will change your opinion on just how great we are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties