Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 12:16 PM

14,516 posts, read 20,734,211 times

Advertisements

Anyone know approximate cost of PMC emergency room with x-rays and cat scan if needed?

We opted for the Riverview Medical Center and they referred to a doctor, bypassing the hospital.
What did we save in cost?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 12:21 PM

4,272 posts, read 6,312,959 times
It depends on your insurance.

Most EDs charge $200 just for the privilege of walking in the door and filling out paperwork.

Old 06-08-2015, 03:56 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,983,316 times
You probably saved your life. So what is that worth in dollars?

I have no idea what PMC ER charges cause they will never have the opportunity to see me in an emergency.

Old 06-08-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
You probably saved your life. So what is that worth in dollars?

I have no idea what PMC ER charges cause they will never have the opportunity to see me in an emergency.
Because if someone went to the emergency room (they are so disorganized) they'd have died?

You might be taken there if you are in an accident and unable to say NO not PMC just take me to an urgent care center.

When the bill arrives we'll post the itemized costs. It may read like a Comporium bill with 6-7 different items.

Old 06-09-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Because if someone went to the emergency room (they are so disorganized) they'd have died?

You might be taken there if you are in an accident and unable to say NO not PMC just take me to an urgent care center.

When the bill arrives we'll post the itemized costs. It may read like a Comporium bill with 6-7 different items.
Yes, they could have died. There is one ER doc there that has had several wrongful death/malpractice lawsuits against him. The cases have been settled out of court involving millions in payments. He still works there.

We have used Riverview and CMC Steele Creek in the past and costs are about the same. Medical and dental costs are out of sight now. It's a sad situation for anyone that doesn't have insurance.

A friend of mine just had a lobectomy and totaling up all the costs (hospital, surgeon, anesthesiologist, radialogist, etc) associated with the operation the total billed was $223,500.00.

I went in for a biopsy a few months ago. In the doctor's office a needle biopsy, walked in and out in less than an hour and it was over $10,000.00. The last root canal I had was right at $1,000.00 and that does not include the crown.

Wherever one goes urgent care, hospital ER, dental, it is going to cost. I have just had some bad experiences at PMC ER and I prefer not to return. Other people may like the place this is just my humble opinion.

Old 06-14-2015, 09:14 AM

We finally heard from a friend who had used the emergency room back in late Dec. The charges may have changed since then though.
They got a phone call from some billing service processing in Mississippi. We assume that is PMC. They got a separate bill from RH Radiology for over $500.00. So excluding the emergency room charges which they have not sent to us yet, it's $500 and counting.

Old 06-14-2015, 03:24 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,221,856 times
Quote:
We finally heard from a friend who had used the emergency room back in late Dec. The charges may have changed since then though.
They got a phone call from some billing service processing in Mississippi. We assume that is PMC. They got a separate bill from RH Radiology for over $500.00. So excluding the emergency room charges which they have not sent to us yet, it's $500 and counting.
Good thing you won that $500 bucks from City-Data today!

Announcement: Congratulations to the $500 prize winners in the City-data.com forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest: gentlearts, howard555, jackmichigan, Jkgourmet, jlawrence01, jm1982, Linda_d, ocnjgirl, QuilterChick, Scooby Snacks! Additional contests are planned and your current posts will count in them.

Old 06-16-2015, 11:49 AM

You misunderstood, we went to Riverview and wondered how the cost compared to the emergency room. We finally heard back from someone who did use that facility late last year and the total with x-ray and cat scan was nearly $4300.
Fortunately we chose Riverview.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:03 PM

Quote:
You misunderstood, we went to Riverview and wondered how the cost compared to the emergency room. We finally heard back from someone who did use that facility late last year and the total with x-ray and cat scan was nearly $4300.
Fortunately we chose Riverview.

And you lived to tell about it too.

I couldn't help with cost comparison because I stay clear of PMC ER. I do know from a lady at church that doesn't have any health insurance at all and when she went to PMC ER they wanted $250.00 from her out front. We the taxpayers subsidize PMC for indigent care. It is in our York County budget every year.

I did have total knee replacement surgery at Piedmont with a promise from my surgeon of many years that he would not let them kill me. In addition my husband stayed beside my bed 24/5, I was there 5 days. Our daughter would relieve my husband so he could go home to shower and check the mail. I was never without family to take care of me. But their ER is a different story.

Last week neighbor's daughter hurt her foot and they took her in to Riverview. It was late night and Riverview had a 3 hour wait.They took her to CMC Steele Creek and got right in and out. But I have heard horror tales about all of them. I have relatives and neighbors that work at PMC and CMC but they have no idea the cost of services. My daughter has worked at both but she prefers a private lab or doctor's office.

Congratulations on winning $500.

Old 06-26-2015, 08:53 PM

30 posts, read 41,229 times
For me, the choice is what my emergency is. Coming in by ambulance is a very different experience than not. I had my father taken to CMC-Pineville (the old Mercy) by ambulance. We had one good trip to CMC-Steele Creek and one very, very long night. There are only 10 beds/exam rooms there and the first time my father was seen in 20 minutes. The second time, they had a full house and we waited about four hours for him to be seen. They had to wait for transfers of patient admissions to CMC hospitals before he could be seen. When I broke my ankle, I had a friend take me to CMC-Pineville and had a very good experience.I have always heard bad things about PMC but I had trigger finger release surgery on both hands there in December and I was impressed. I would recommend PMC for a planned procedure. The pre-surgery testing was a good experience also. I know a few women who have had babies at the women's center there and have been very happy. I think the ER is still a mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties