Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 04:58 PM

57 posts, read 238,121 times

Advertisements

Sophie5, I have a son in Gold Hill Middle in the 6th grade and I think it is a great school.
We live in Tega Cay, In the Lakeshore subdivision. Its a great sub. with a pool, walking trails, lake and many more amenities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 05:36 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,210,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie5 View Post
Thank you lovethecarolinas for rolling out the welcome mat.... This seems to be typical of people in the area. Over our last two visits we have found people in Fort Mill to be incredibly warm and friendly - and you seem no different : ).

Do you have any information regarding schools? My oldest will be attending 6th grade at Gold Hill Middle School in the fall. Sons #2 and #3 will be enrolled at Riverview elementary (3rd and K). I called Riverview today and spoke with the school secretary who was just a sweetheart on the phone. I am also looking for a good church-based preschool for my three-year old twins. Any recommendations?

Thanks....
You're very welcome!

Not exactly sure what information you are looking for in regard to the schools but I would be more than happy to try and answer any questions you may have if you want to send me a DM. I have two children within the school district who attended Gold Hill Elementary, and now are currently at Gold Hill Middle School (with one soon to be a Fort Mill High Schooler ).

As far as preschools...our children were beyond preschool age when we moved here..but have since learned from others that many of the preschools around here have waiting lists. You may want to start with with the Lakeshore Christian Fellowship Church (located in Tega Cay, SC) as they have a preschool †Lakeshore Christian Fellowship Tega Cay, SC (http://www.lakeshorecf.com/preschool.html - broken link)

Old 02-11-2008, 08:26 AM

156 posts, read 511,170 times
Thanks everyone for your input.... I just realized my questions have taken over this thread. I am not a seasoned forum user, and so maybe this is against forum etiquette?

Lakeshore Christian Fellowship seems like a good place to look at. I still have some color selections with the house and so I will be coming back in a few weeks with my mother-in-law (she lives in Raleigh). Hopefully there'll be some time to tour the schools as well : ).

Old 03-22-2009, 11:01 AM

1 posts, read 2,245 times
Default should we build??

We are thinking about building a home in Serenity Point. Is Ryan a good builder and do they do a good job on their product? We do not want to buy and build a house of "straw"!. How are they to deal with and how is the building supervisor??

Old 03-22-2009, 04:55 PM

156 posts, read 511,170 times
We closed on our house in Serenity Point last June. We had a great experience with Ryan. The quality of the build is very good. We have had minor issues - mostly cosmetic and easily fixed. Chad, our construction manager is extremely professional and takes great pride in his work. The customer service department responds to all our calls in a timely way and has fixed everything we've asked them too - no questions asked. No straw houses here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties