Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 06:03 PM

35 posts, read 166,033 times

Advertisements

I would like to know about the Del Web community located near the Fort Mill area. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2006, 07:04 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,210,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
I would like to know about the Del Web community located near the Fort Mill area. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

You might check with the poster "south.charlotte&union". I read on one of their previous post that their parents were going to be moving there in 2007.

It is called: Sun City "Carolina Lakes" located in Lancaster county (SC)

Old 11-25-2006, 10:11 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,167,413 times
Hi there,
Yes my parents home will be completed first quarter in 2007. Right now it is dirt -- cleared and flat dirt, but dirt nonetheless...

The community is for age 55 and older. Houses are on small lots, very close together, but I think it works for the market segment they are serving. It also looks like the amenities will be wonderful.

Feel free to PM me if you would like me to have information sent to you, or if you have any additional questions. Best of luck

Old 11-26-2006, 01:05 PM

474 posts, read 2,192,181 times
South Charlotte Union: do you know if the Dell Webb community includes reasonable upgrades with their quoted prices? I went to the Carolina Lakes website and it looks interesting, like a mini city. 3300 homes planned, wow.

Old 11-26-2006, 01:57 PM

35 posts, read 166,033 times
Default Del Web in Fort Mill

Hello everyone,

Thanks for all the information. I've just been on the Del Web website and it does look rather interesting. I can't seem to get any information on pricing, or any other costs concerning these type of developments. It does look like it will be beautiful when it's completed. I was hoping they would have some inventory homes available.

Thanks again,

Old 11-26-2006, 02:46 PM

Yes, it will be huge when it's done, but they have definitely hit a real market need...neighborhood is selling quickly and I think they are on a fairly long build time, depending on where the lot is. I spoke with one of the onsite agents today -- they do have a couple of inventory homes because of deals that have fallen through, but they are not building inventory homes as a rule, since there is such a wait for people that already have signed contracts.

Apple Annie (and anyone for that matter) feel free to PM me -- I will be stopping by Sun City later this week and can pick up and send you the informational packet. Upgrades/Options that are included vary by the "Collection" that you purchase. There is a list of standard features in the informational packet.

Please let me know if I can help in any way.

Old 11-30-2006, 07:49 PM

OK,
I stopped by Sun City Carolina Lakes today. I have a couple of packets I can send to people (for ethical reasons I can only send to people not yet working with a realtor).

They have some inventory homes -- lowest priced inventory home available now is about $260K.

Included features depend on the collection you choose -- River, Summit or Manor. There are several floor plans to choose from in each collection. Packets I have list what features are included in each collection.

The onsite agent told me that build time can be extended out to a year right now -- meaning if you signed a contract today, you could schedule a close date as far out as January 2008. The benefit to doing that is that the price will be at today's pricing -- not at the pricing for a year from now. On the flip side, there may be some resales in the community in a year.

Feel free to PM me if you would like additional information

Old 11-01-2015, 03:36 PM

2 posts, read 1,981 times
My husband and I are curious about the new Carolina Orchards/ Del Web community coming to Fort Mill. We are interested in hearing your opinions about wether it is a good idea to be one of the first to buy into this type of neighborhood. Are there usually good incentives to being one of the first to purchase beside choice of location? With 700 homes coming into the neighborhood, I can imagine that resale may be difficult in the first few years.
I would appreciate any suggestions that you may have about purchasing in this type of community.

Old 11-01-2015, 06:38 PM

850 posts, read 2,650,277 times
They ripped out a beautiful peach orchard to build these track homes. Very unfortunate that our town planners would let this happen.

Old 11-01-2015, 07:55 PM

113 posts, read 127,429 times
York County, Ft. mill/Rock Hill govt's wont rest until every green space is either paved over or turned into high density housing. It's amazing what developers are allowed to do our land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties