Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 09:03 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,449,764 times

Advertisements

Springfield is not ideal for the budget. Your range would be at the very low end of the neighborhood. The average is around 750,000. Note Springfield has one of the highest price per sq ft in Fort Mill. Don't get me wrong it is a really nice neighborhood.

Some neighborhoods to look into (close drive to your work)
- Lake Ridge (will come under your budget) - off the main roads, falls in Tega Cay Lake Ridge Tega Cay
- Habersham (two good builders) - close to where you will be working, only negative is proximity to Coltharp Habersham - New Homes in Fort Mill, SC near Charlotte, NC
- Mason Bend (personally thinking about building there) - they just begin building, will be a big master community when finished Fort Mill SC Real Estate - Masons Bend Community
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2016, 04:53 AM

850 posts, read 2,650,054 times
Just checked Springfield and there are new homes from Standard Pacific that are under $600K.
You might want to drive through Habersham, great location and builders, but the neighborhood has some really disappointing lots. I would find it hard to pay the amount that they are asking to back up to my neighbors house with no landscaping.
Also, when researching Mason Bend, again, make sure to ask questions and check the site plans. There will be a school site located right in the front of the community and some of the home sites will back up to the school. Make sure to check the high tension power lines, they are all over that community and many of the home sites back up to those. There is also a hospital site and other retail planned for the area located in the front portion of that neighborhood.
Good luck with your search,

Old 09-15-2016, 08:35 AM

16 posts, read 19,345 times
Springfield is built out as far as we saw on our last trip. There are a few quick move-ins available for $790k and $899k!

Check out Calatlantic's website, lot of building by them in the area. We're buying in Brayden. Community pool, park and trails, although pretty much every community has those now. And its close to 77 if you have to get into Charlotte. We will be so that was our main reason for buying there and the assigned elementary is #3 in the state. 4 price points...they're just starting on the Arbors which will fit your budget nicely.

In addition to the pp, I'd also check out Massey, Waterside at the Catawba, Mason's Bend. We really liked Mason's Bend, but chose Brayden for school and a bit closer to Charlotte. And its just getting started, so not many people live there yet.

Old 09-15-2016, 10:28 AM

43 posts, read 75,901 times
Thank you all for the great detailed thoughts and advice. Everyone has given me even more things to think about that I haven't thought of. Wow, it's a life changing move and I don't want to make a mistake buying in a development that's not right for my family. Meaning, I want everything to be perfect and probably over think everything.

I'd just like to sincerely thank everyone who took time out of there day to posted here and assist me.

It truly doesn't go unappreciated.

Many Thanks
J

Old 09-15-2016, 10:43 AM

4,270 posts, read 6,293,626 times
Just remember that no neighborhood is perfect! I've been in mine for 10 years and I love it, but there are definitely things I'd change if I was in charge. *lol*

Old 09-15-2016, 11:27 AM

Your correct. I know that but I want to get as close to perfect as possible. I know.... New Yorkers overthink everything! LOL

Old 10-08-2016, 10:00 AM

Hi Fort Mill,

Any issues from the hurricane?
Hope everyone is safe.

Old 10-08-2016, 11:54 AM

850 posts, read 2,650,054 times
Just rain and a little wind.

Old 11-23-2016, 07:36 AM

1 posts, read 4,012 times
I have been doing quite a bit of research on the Fort Mill communities. My budget is in the range of 500 to 600k, the same as that of OPs.

I love Baxter, people are nice, kids all over the community, easy to make friends etc. However, my wife fell in love with the newly constructed homes, the open floor plans and what not, so we discounted Baxter as there is no new construction in Baxter.

I don't like Habersham as there is not natural vegetation there. My top two choices are Brayden and Mason's Bend. Masons Bend is nice, but if we build a home in the Preserve range, the cost would be about 650K after all the upgrades. If we go the Crest range, 550K will get you in with all the upgrades, however, the lot sizes are smaller.

Brayden is just starting on the Arbors and you can buy a home there for 550K with all the upgrades. The lot sizes are smaller there too but at least the lots dont back up to the neighbors lot.

I believe the amenities are better in Masons Bend than in Brayden. Masons Bend has a nice walking trail that goes all the way up to the Catawba river.

Riverview vs Gold Hill, both are equally good schools.

Does anyone know if Brayden is a kid rich community like Baxter is?

Old 07-06-2017, 01:53 PM

Hello all,

Its been a while since I posted. My entire family are coming down to Fort Mill in the middle of August to check out the area.
A few questions:

Are the kids back in school 8/15-8/19 (thats the time I will be coming down)
I am going to be looking for a real estate person to show me around. Any suggestions on specific subdivisions I should put on the list to visit.

I am looking to spend $450-$650 on a house, no issues on the high side. I have 4 kids (2, 6,12, 14) need to be in a great school district.

Anything new going since the last time I posted?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties