Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2017, 08:39 PM

158 posts, read 181,869 times

Advertisements

Relocating since I have accepted a job in Rock Hill. Scoped the area a couple weeks ago, felt like Villas at Marlin Bay was a good temporary fit until we feel out the area for where we want to buy.

Any one have any issues with this rental location?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 08:47 PM
NDL

4,521 posts, read 5,684,090 times
Not being a jerk, but what kind of things make for "issues"?

It's a safe area; some might think it's a little sleepy. Again...what's an issue for one person might be a benefit to another. I would have to know more about what you're looking for in an area, to comment further.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
Not being a jerk, but what kind of things make for "issues"?

It's a safe area; some might think it's a little sleepy. Again...what's an issue for one person might be a benefit to another. I would have to know more about what you're looking for in an area, to comment further.
Safe and sleepy, sounds perfect. Thanks.

Old 11-08-2017, 06:07 AM

4,272 posts, read 6,322,931 times
Looking online, the place has good reviews as well, so from an apartment complex standpoint, it appears to be a good choice as well.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:29 PM
NDL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jswerve View Post
Safe and sleepy, sounds perfect. Thanks.
Villas at Marin Bay is not the worst choice geographically; there's a handful of fast food restaurant in the area, and there's Walmart, Publix and Food Lion a stone's throw away. I wouldn't dissuade anyone from living there.

If you don't mind driving 10-13 miles, it'll put you in touch with Belmont & Gastonia, which have much more in the way of dining and shopping.

274 isn't bad in terms of traffic; it's actually pretty good. There's access to the Lake as well, if you head four miles east on 49.

That's the worst I could say about the area; you'll have to drive 10-13 miles to hit major shopping districts .

Old 11-08-2017, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Villas at Marin Bay is not the worst choice geographically; there's a handful of fast food restaurant in the area, and there's Walmart, Publix and Food Lion a stone's throw away. I wouldn't dissuade anyone from living there.

If you don't mind driving 10-13 miles, it'll put you in touch with Belmont & Gastonia, which have much more in the way of dining and shopping.

274 isn't bad in terms of traffic; it's actually pretty good. There's access to the Lake as well, if you head four miles east on 49.

That's the worst I could say about the area; you'll have to drive 10-13 miles to hit major shopping districts .
Thanks,

We secured a unit today. I like that I can lease for 3 months then do month to month and it will take me about 20 mins to get to the Rock Hill job site.

Looks like the area has plenty of grocery stores, etc. We are Anytime Fitness members and there's one around the corner so that played into it as well.

Old 11-09-2017, 08:34 PM
NDL

Quote:
Thanks,

We secured a unit today. I like that I can lease for 3 months then do month to month and it will take me about 20 mins to get to the Rock Hill job site.

Looks like the area has plenty of grocery stores, etc. We are Anytime Fitness members and there's one around the corner so that played into it as well.
Best of luck

If you have any other questions about the area, let me know.

Since you're into fitness, don't forget to check out the Carolina Thread Trail near Daniel Stowe:

https://www.carolinathreadtrailmap.o...preserve-trail

Old 11-10-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Best of luck

If you have any other questions about the area, let me know.

Since you're into fitness, don't forget to check out the Carolina Thread Trail near Daniel Stowe:

https://www.carolinathreadtrailmap.o...preserve-trail
Thanks for the tip! So excited to leave somewhere with a major airport, NFL football, Nascar, Pro Hockey, NBA, etc. Having the smokies just a short drive and the ocean so close is amazing. Feeling blessed!

Old 11-10-2017, 10:48 PM
NDL

Quote:
Thanks for the tip! So excited to leave somewhere with a major airport, NFL football, Nascar, Pro Hockey, NBA, etc. Having the smokies just a short drive and the ocean so close is amazing. Feeling blessed!
You have a great attitude

The great thing about this area is that you can get lost in the country *very* quickly, or be in Uptown CLT in little time. Asheville is an easy day trip, and the Smokies are not even 3hrs away.

One of my favorite trips is along the Blue Ridge Parkway:

http://www.blueridgeparkwaydaily.com...aduct-fall.jpg

If you have any other questions, feel free to DM me...

Old 11-12-2017, 09:39 PM

Quote:
You have a great attitude

The great thing about this area is that you can get lost in the country *very* quickly, or be in Uptown CLT in little time. Asheville is an easy day trip, and the Smokies are not even 3hrs away.

One of my favorite trips is along the Blue Ridge Parkway:

http://www.blueridgeparkwaydaily.com...aduct-fall.jpg

If you have any other questions, feel free to DM me...
June of '14 I rode my Harley from Iowa to the Switzerland Inn on the Blue Ridge. We stayed there 2 nights and explored the area, rode many wonderful roads. Next we rode down the Blue Ridge through Asheville and into Maggie Valley where we spent a night. We rode the rattler up to Hot Springs and had lunch. Next day we headed up to Fontana Village for a night and rode the Dragon and Cherohala skyway. Absolutely love the entire area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties