Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-19-2017, 10:54 AM
 
Location: Rock Hill, SC
158 posts, read 182,821 times
Reputation: 99

Advertisements

Very nervous, and excited. I was born and raised in Iowa. Moved away for 6 years then came back in '01. Been at the same job since '03. Just didn't feel like home. We hate the weather and we hate how far away everything is. We love to travel. Looking forward to having Charlotte international near.

Happy holidays all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-19-2017, 11:56 AM
 
Location: Over yonder a piece
4,272 posts, read 6,344,125 times
Reputation: 7154
Congrats, and welcome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2017, 12:19 PM
 
Location: Rock Hill, SC
158 posts, read 182,821 times
Reputation: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
Congrats, and welcome!
Thanks! Really loved driving around the York/Lake Wylie/Ft.Mill/Indian Land area. We decided to rent on a short term lease until we find that perfect place to purchase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2017, 12:47 PM
 
Location: Over yonder a piece
4,272 posts, read 6,344,125 times
Reputation: 7154
That's the best way to do it, IMO. That's what we did and we've now been in our house for 11 years!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2017, 12:49 PM
 
Location: Rock Hill, SC
158 posts, read 182,821 times
Reputation: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
That's the best way to do it, IMO. That's what we did and we've now been in our house for 11 years!
Where did you decide to make your permanent home and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2017, 07:34 PM
NDL
 
Location: The CLT area
4,527 posts, read 5,715,206 times
Reputation: 3129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jswerve View Post
Very nervous, and excited. I was born and raised in Iowa. Moved away for 6 years then came back in '01. Been at the same job since '03. Just didn't feel like home. We hate the weather and we hate how far away everything is. We love to travel. Looking forward to having Charlotte international near.

Happy holidays all.
Hey Jswerve:

I lived much of my life on Long Island, and felt much the same way.

Welcome to SC! I am sure you will do well here. (BTW: The apartments you looked at are in York County, not Lancaster )

***

Once you're here, don't forget to check out Clover Station. Really sweet owner, and the food is authentic:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/clover-station-clover

Last edited by NDL; 12-20-2017 at 07:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2017, 04:13 AM
 
Location: Rock Hill, SC
158 posts, read 182,821 times
Reputation: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
Hey Jswerve:

I lived much of my life on Long Island, and felt much the same way.

Welcome to SC! I am sure you will do well here. (BTW: The apartments you looked at are in York County, not Lancaster )

***

Once you're here, don't forget to check out Clover Station. Really sweet owner, and the food is authentic:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/clover-station-clover
Totally meant to type York LOL! I think I had Lancaster on my mind cause I almost landed a job there last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2017, 04:15 AM
 
Location: Rock Hill, SC
158 posts, read 182,821 times
Reputation: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
Hey Jswerve:



Once you're here, don't forget to check out Clover Station. Really sweet owner, and the food is authentic:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/clover-station-clover


I see they have greens and cornbread count me in!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2017, 08:59 AM
 
172 posts, read 147,548 times
Reputation: 255
I'm across the river from you in NE and hoping to make a similar move in 2019. Where will your new job be? I think we'll move to SC but DH's job may be in Uptown. Looking forward to hearing about your move and opinions if you share updates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2017, 10:02 AM
 
Location: Rock Hill, SC
158 posts, read 182,821 times
Reputation: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spedteach17 View Post
I'm across the river from you in NE and hoping to make a similar move in 2019. Where will your new job be? I think we'll move to SC but DH's job may be in Uptown. Looking forward to hearing about your move and opinions if you share updates.


I will be working in Rock Hill. My wife is going to get her real estate license.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:21 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top