Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-03-2018, 10:48 PM
 
Location: Rock Hill
1,218 posts, read 2,995,985 times
Reputation: 391

Advertisements

I ended up installing an attic/outdoor antenna I got at Wal-Mart for $55. I had to put it together and mount it. Added an amplifier on the line and now I got her 38 channels with no issues!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-09-2018, 08:40 AM
 
Location: Mauldin/Greenville
5,170 posts, read 7,400,776 times
Reputation: 2401
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaysofThundr46 View Post
I ended up installing an attic/outdoor antenna I got at Wal-Mart for $55. I had to put it together and mount it. Added an amplifier on the line and now I got her 38 channels with no issues!
That is the best way to go for reliable reception. Indoor flat panels have limitations and may not provide consistent channels. For $55 I would guess you may have purchased the small RCA 751 antenna made by Winegard. That is a good compact antenna. Also they have some GE brand antennas in that price range, and the Clearstream 2MAX is also a good antenna, but a bit more expensive at $79. Although Best Buy periodically has it on sale for $59 which is more reasonable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2018, 11:29 PM
 
Location: Rock Hill
1,218 posts, read 2,995,985 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
That is the best way to go for reliable reception. Indoor flat panels have limitations and may not provide consistent channels. For $55 I would guess you may have purchased the small RCA 751 antenna made by Winegard. That is a good compact antenna. Also they have some GE brand antennas in that price range, and the Clearstream 2MAX is also a good antenna, but a bit more expensive at $79. Although Best Buy periodically has it on sale for $59 which is more reasonable.
Yep thats the one I got. I liked it vs the GE as it is made in the USA. I did need to adjust it. For 4 days, WSOC came in fine, then suddenly, it didn't, so I needed to re position a few of the antennas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2018, 07:20 AM
 
686 posts, read 810,533 times
Reputation: 788
will the superbowl be able to be watched on an HD antenna?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2018, 11:31 AM
 
182 posts, read 332,473 times
Reputation: 101
Yes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 07:33 AM
 
686 posts, read 810,533 times
Reputation: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke64 View Post
Yes
what is the channel number on the hd antenna?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2018, 11:45 AM
 
182 posts, read 332,473 times
Reputation: 101
Here you go
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2018, 10:48 AM
 
4 posts, read 3,558 times
Reputation: 10
If this is a discussion on cutting the cord, I did this going on 2 yrs. now. I live in Rock Hill and I have a 45 mile HD antenna, but should have got a 60-70 mile for a little better reception. I also have 3 Rokus and 2 Android boxes. With the Android box you can load APKs to get all the movies and tv shows you want for free. That way you avoid paying for Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime etc. You can also get live sporting events for free also. Just do your research like I did, and you won't believe how much money you save a month. The only drawback is you need a good internet service for the streaming and if you have Comporium, well enough said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2018, 10:58 AM
 
Location: Mauldin/Greenville
5,170 posts, read 7,400,776 times
Reputation: 2401
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchipp1 View Post
If this is a discussion on cutting the cord, I did this going on 2 yrs. now. I live in Rock Hill and I have a 45 mile HD antenna, but should have got a 60-70 mile for a little better reception. I also have 3 Rokus and 2 Android boxes. With the Android box you can load APKs to get all the movies and tv shows you want for free. That way you avoid paying for Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime etc. You can also get live sporting events for free also. Just do your research like I did, and you won't believe how much money you save a month. The only drawback is you need a good internet service for the streaming and if you have Comporium, well enough said.
In Rock Hill and Fort Mill, a good outside antenna and amplifier will receive channels from Columbia and Greenville-Spartanburg, as well as Charlotte. But you need an antenna with good High VHF capability as well as UHF. A Winegard 7697 or 7698 is the best combo antenna for High VHF and UHF. If you want FM radio, then the all band Winegard 8200 is best, as it will also receive Low VHF. From Spartanburg you should get WSPA channel 7, and from Columbia WIS-10 and WOLO-25, which is actually RF8.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2018, 02:11 PM
 
78 posts, read 145,271 times
Reputation: 54
https://www.walmart.com/ip/ONN-4K-HD...Range/56136521

This is the BEST $25 ever spent! We live in the Leslie area, and get stations from Charlotte, Columbia, and Greenville without having the rotate the antenna at all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top