Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2018, 04:48 AM

1 posts, read 1,032 times

Advertisements

We are house shopping in Fort Mill and Rock Hill. I found the house of my dreams in Rock Hill, but the elementary schools are not rated very high. Does anyone have any insight??? Inside information about which Rock Hill
schools are good? Epinport Elementary would be our assigned school. Does anyone know anything about this school??

Thanks
In advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2018, 01:07 AM

34 posts, read 32,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hjberry2 View Post
We are house shopping in Fort Mill and Rock Hill. I found the house of my dreams in Rock Hill, but the elementary schools are not rated very high. Does anyone have any insight??? Inside information about which Rock Hill
schools are good? Epinport Elementary would be our assigned school. Does anyone know anything about this school??

Thanks
In advance.
I’ve tried asking this question already. nobody seems to answer so I stuck with Fort Mill schools 🙂 good luck on your search!

Old 01-15-2018, 12:41 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,962,389 times
I don't know anything about Ebinport Elementary. Our children attended Mount Gallant Elementary, Rawlinson Road Middle and Northwestern High School. They are out of school and children where we live would attend Dutchman Creek Middle school now.

You can check out the website https://www.greatschools.org/south-carolina/

For comparison of the schools:

Rock Hill is York County District 3.
York District 1
Clover District 2
Fort Mill District 4

Old 01-16-2018, 02:14 PM

197 posts, read 278,324 times
I grew up in Rock Hill schools and my children currently are in RH elementary schools. I see no issues with them. You have the choice to go to the nearest neighborhood school, or you can go to a school of choice like montesori, STEAM, spanish, french, advanced studies, etc. See here:

https://www.rock-hill.k12.sc.us/Page/5064

RH has recently spent a lot of money renovating a lot of these schools and pushing for school of choice, and from what I have seen all the elementary schools all run about equally. RH tends to apply policies evenly across all of them.

There are also two charter schools...York Preparatory Academy and Riverwalk Academy. I don't know much about them, and they are fairly new.

There is one private school...Westminster Catawba Christian School. My niece went there.. they are a bit expensive.

Historically Fort Mill schools were better due to Springs Industries pouring so much money into them. But Springs isn't a big employer anymore here and Fort Mill schools have a ton of new people moving to the area so I have no idea how well they are keeping up.

Old 01-16-2018, 02:20 PM

197 posts, read 278,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohsnapxnikki View Post
I’ve tried asking this question already. nobody seems to answer so I stuck with Fort Mill schools �� good luck on your search!
Well you were asking about special education, which not many people know about

I have looked into those though for our children with ADHD... each school has an IEP coordinator and guidelines on how to qualify for IEP or 504. For special needs or developmental disabilities they have something called Child Find which does evaluations and then determines how to proceed with additional help, special ed, etc. They also have a facility called the Flexible Learning School that has alternative learning methods.

You can read more here:
https://www.rock-hill.k12.sc.us/Domain/1171

Last edited by phareous; 01-16-2018 at 02:31 PM..

Old 01-21-2018, 11:12 AM

170 posts, read 286,554 times
The school of choice elementary schools are very impressive and something Fort Mill doesn’t offer. I worked in a few as a substitute and was very impressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties