U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2006, 09:16 AM

425 posts, read 1,493,735 times

Advertisements

We spent this past weekend inFort mills and have to say we love the area. Ballentyne ( sp?) is fabulous, Carowinds, the friendly people and most importantly my husbands job offer are all what we want but I found 2 1/2 days too short of a time to find a house. Our realtor is fabulous and showed us alot of properties although there are not many resales available that meet what we wnat so we ended up narrowing it to a few subdivisions. A great neighborhood is the most important thing so I would love any info about a few neighborhoods.

1) Maddison Green in Regent Park ( KB HOmes) - this is alittle far for my husband to travel because he would work in lancaster

2) Fair Oakes ( Ryan homes)- HUGE homes maybe too much home but offers us enough bedrooms and plenty of space to grow- smaller lot backs up to a berhm then small road

3) Pleasent Glen ( Lennar) Great lot love the downstairs but upstairs is a little smaller with smaller bedrooms and one less upsatirs room'

I can't figure out how to decide so I would LOVE any input avialable.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2006, 02:45 PM

43 posts, read 153,103 times
Default Try Jones Baranch

Ay Six Try Jones Baranch In Fort Mill Goto Buylibertyhomes.com I Am Purchasing A House Ther In 2 Weeks ...brand New Subdiv. 160 - 200's Nice Homes.....l.l

Old 12-11-2006, 09:01 PM

26 posts, read 78,565 times
hi - what's your price range, if you don't mind my asking? i'm a realtor and if i know your price range, i can list several neighborhoods for you to check out.

Old 12-12-2006, 03:40 PM

46 posts, read 198,600 times
I live in Regent Park now and I would think that it would actually be closer to Lancaster than Fair Oaks or Pleasant Glen. In fact, Madison Green is definitely the closest of those neighborhoods to Lancaster - you just have to take a back road to get to Hwy. 521.

Old 12-12-2006, 05:16 PM

Neednewhouse-

We looked in Maddison Green and seemed to take closer to an hour to his new office versus 45 minutes from the other two but to tell you the truth I am not sure how we went. I will ask him and post back. Maddison Green is one of the neighborhoods he liked best.

Old 12-12-2006, 05:21 PM

MHord-

I dont mind you asking at all. We would like something not too much higher then $350,000 preferably, of course, less.

We have four girls who each desperatley want their own room and I want to be on the same floor so I am looking for a 5 bedrooms all on the same floor plus the real kicker is we also want a bonus room or basement - we would like over 3,00 sq ft.. I also like that alot of the new construction gives you the option of turning the den into a guest bedroom so we would have a total of 6 bedrooms. I know it is asking alot but hey I figured if we are leaving all our friends and family I would shoot for the stars. I am working with a great realtor currently but would always welcome any suggestions you have.

Old 12-19-2006, 08:32 PM

46 posts, read 198,600 times
I would mapquest it if I were you. Regent Park is the only one of those neighborhoods on the East side of I-77. Since Lancaster, SC is also on the East side of 77, I can't see how the other 2 n'hoods would be closer.

Old 12-27-2006, 01:46 PM

neednewhouse

Thanks we are reconsidering it now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties