Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 07:52 PM

13 posts, read 10,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
It's true that occasionally traffic backs up on the ramp, but not all the time, and not at all hours. Only at the height of rush hour traffic.
I agree with Girl. I moved in fort mill 6 months ago and every day i take gold hill to 77 around 3pm to work. It takes only 10 minutes to get on 77 in rush hour. Other times its just the traffic light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2018, 12:16 PM

351 posts, read 658,069 times
We moved from the Gold Hill area to the south side of FM (not far from downtown) in 2016 and oh, my goodness, I do not miss the traffic up there. I was taking my son to a friend's house last week and figured since it was almost 7 p.m. the traffic would've died down. Nope. It was backed up from not far from Steve's to Publix. I could not get over in the right lane to turn on Pleasant Road and had to turn in QT and then go straight across.

Old 05-14-2018, 12:30 PM

4,272 posts, read 6,322,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gapeach69 View Post
We moved from the Gold Hill area to the south side of FM (not far from downtown) in 2016 and oh, my goodness, I do not miss the traffic up there. I was taking my son to a friend's house last week and figured since it was almost 7 p.m. the traffic would've died down. Nope. It was backed up from not far from Steve's to Publix. I could not get over in the right lane to turn on Pleasant Road and had to turn in QT and then go straight across.
That section of Springfield Parkway is AWFUL during evening rush hour - in both directions. I totally agree with that assessment.

Old 05-14-2018, 12:55 PM

I just thought it would be pretty cleared out by 6:45-7:00. I gotta drive back over there this evening. I'm thinking about going 160 to Pleasant instead of up Springfield Pkwy.

Old 05-14-2018, 02:34 PM

4,272 posts, read 6,322,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gapeach69 View Post
I just thought it would be pretty cleared out by 6:45-7:00. I gotta drive back over there this evening. I'm thinking about going 160 to Pleasant instead of up Springfield Pkwy.
When I have to go to NaFo I usually make that turn onto Gold Hill before it becomes Springfield Parkway. Take that and cut across to US 21. Turn right and take that down to S'field Parkway - by that stretch of S'field Pwy it is pretty cleared out. Coming back I do the same - cut up 21 and get over to local Gold Hill (where the apartments and car wash are) and then turn right onto Gold Hill where it and Springfield meet.

Old 05-15-2018, 07:39 AM

625 posts, read 492,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
When I have to go to NaFo I usually make that turn onto Gold Hill before it becomes Springfield Parkway. Take that and cut across to US 21. Turn right and take that down to S'field Parkway - by that stretch of S'field Pwy it is pretty cleared out. Coming back I do the same - cut up 21 and get over to local Gold Hill (where the apartments and car wash are) and then turn right onto Gold Hill where it and Springfield meet.
Shhhhh! Don't tell people our little secret!!!

I live by NAFO, I actually turn left onto 21 since crossing through Regent Parkway is about the same for me to get home. There are ways around it. I also plan my appointments and routes to avoid it.

Old 05-19-2018, 06:36 PM

I live near downtown, so what worked for me is taking 160 and turn on Pleasant Road. I have to go straight across where Publix is. 160 isn't as bad between 6:30-6:45 as Gold Hill is. I used to live on the north side of town and instead of getting off 77 at Gold Hill, I'd do the same 160 to Pleasant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties