Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2018, 01:13 PM

1 posts, read 976 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever heard of/hired Erin Urquhart or Nathan Sheldon? I was given Erin's name by one attorney that could not represent me due to a conflict, and my current attorney who works for the domestic violence shelter recommended her as well. But I've read a lot online about Nathan J Sheldon, just don't know anyone who knows him personally or has worked with him. I need someone who will keep my children a priority as well as my safety (my husband has a no contact order since Jan. and now a restraining order, and I filed for an order of protection, but because he filed a private action divorce (knowing him, to scare me into backing down and just giving in to what he wants), the attorneys have had to sit down and discuss an agreement, which thankfully, has kept the other orders in place (so now we have a temporary hearing coming up at some point, which is why I need an attorney soon as mine is going out on maternity leave!), but who will also go in and fight for me, as my husband has shown he wants to make this ugly and dirty for some reason, if a reasonable agreement cannot be made, which is what I am hoping for. I do not want this to get ugly or dirty, there is no reason. I want what is best for my kids, and to keep things as whole as possible for them, which is why I did not file on the grounds of physical cruelty, which I could have, due to his previous CDV 2nd degree conviction, and pending charge from Jan when we separated.
I need some good recommendations, please. I keep seeing all these names, all these reviews, but I need to know who is really good, who knows what they're doing and who I can trust to go in and fight for me so that I don't get screwed. For 6 months our children have been in my custody and we have lived in the family home. He has not provided any financial assistance at all for them, or the household bills, and I was even paying bills that covered him up until a couple weeks ago. He has never offered to even come see them other than when he would meet them at the house for about two hours after school, and a couple hours on some weekends.
Also, Debbie Mollycheck and Connie Payne, are they still as good as I always heard they were? Old reviews of them are great, now, I don't see much.
Who can you recommend for a very tough case that I am afraid is going to get ugly despite my best efforts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2018, 03:42 AM

157 posts, read 381,119 times
So sorry you have to go through this. I only met Connie Payne twice and watched her in the court room about 15 years ago. She was tough!!! Not sure now.

Old 09-03-2018, 07:57 AM

139 posts, read 360,195 times
Harden Law Firm in Fort Mill. I've met Haley and she's no-nonsense, super intelligent, and doesn't take any BS from the opposite side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
View detailed profiles of: