Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 06:41 PM

16 posts, read 29,306 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know the locations of the two new elementary schools and the new middle school in Fort Mill? I had heard that one of the elementary schools might be on White's road (near the new high school) and the other could be inside the Mason's Bend subdivision...not sure if those are correct. For the middle school I've heard that it could be across from Tega Cay elementary but I think it might be near Sugar Creek (reading between the lines on the PKMS presentation). Any other ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2018, 05:09 AM

850 posts, read 2,655,846 times
There is a school site located in Masons Bend. Google search masons bend master plan and you will see it.

Old 09-14-2018, 07:57 AM

625 posts, read 492,451 times
It would be more probable that the new middle school would be in Tega Cay. There's not much space near Sugar Creek Elementary for a new Middle School and FMES and Springfield MS are really close by. I live in the neighborhood next to SCES and would LOVE a middle school that close, but I don't see how it can fit unless they also restructure the football, tennis and baseball fields for NaFo HS.

Old 09-14-2018, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCoqui View Post
It would be more probable that the new middle school would be in Tega Cay. There's not much space near Sugar Creek Elementary for a new Middle School and FMES and Springfield MS are really close by. I live in the neighborhood next to SCES and would LOVE a middle school that close, but I don't see how it can fit unless they also restructure the football, tennis and baseball fields for NaFo HS.
I was wondering about the Sugar Creek site. If you look at page 3 of the PKMS presentation ( http://www.fortmillschools.org/UserF...nce%20Pres.pdf )
They list banked sites for future schools. They have Mason's Bend which is an elementary, they have White's road which is an elementary, they have Fort Mill Southern Bypass site which is Catawba Ridge HS, and there is the "Sugar Creek site" which my guess was middle school since they already have an elementary school there. I'm wondering what they mean by "Sugar Creek site" exactly if there is not significant open land there.

Old 09-14-2018, 02:29 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,446,544 times
How do you like Mason's Bend? We've narrowed down our search to Mason's Bend and Bent Creek. I like the Fielding Home designs. I have a daughter that is in middle school. How are the middle and high school there? Traffic? Overcrowding? Amenities for the price?

Old 09-15-2018, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
How do you like Mason's Bend? We've narrowed down our search to Mason's Bend and Bent Creek. I like the Fielding Home designs. I have a daughter that is in middle school. How are the middle and high school there? Traffic? Overcrowding? Amenities for the price?
Not sure if that comment was meant for me...I don't live in Mason's Bend but a former neighbor of mine moved there a few months ago. They built with Fielding and sounds like they are pleased. My personal opinion is that all three builders in Mason's Bend are very good and the amenities center looks really nice. I don't like the huge power lines running thru the middle of the neighborhood though and those houses (especially the Saussy ones) are very expensive for the square footage. For that price, I would personally buy a resale in Baxter Village on the Towncenter/Market street side so that I could walk/golf cart to the library, YMCA, restaurants, etc.

Also I meant to say earlier that I know that there will be an elementary in Mason's Bend but not sure if it will be one of the two that are opening in 2020. I spoke with the Saussy Burbank rep at MB several months ago and she said she thought that it would be a while (like maybe 5+ years) before the elementary school is built in there. I figured she probably doesn't really know either way but was surprised by her comment...would have expected a pitch like "it will be really soon..your kid will be able to walk to school everyday!"

Old 09-16-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldhill4ever View Post
I was wondering about the Sugar Creek site. If you look at page 3 of the PKMS presentation ( http://www.fortmillschools.org/UserF...nce%20Pres.pdf )
They list banked sites for future schools. They have Mason's Bend which is an elementary, they have White's road which is an elementary, they have Fort Mill Southern Bypass site which is Catawba Ridge HS, and there is the "Sugar Creek site" which my guess was middle school since they already have an elementary school there. I'm wondering what they mean by "Sugar Creek site" exactly if there is not significant open land there.
It may be that they have it as land that they could expand into. They just recently made an addition to NaFo HS. AO Jones Blvd is a traffic nightmare in the mornings and afternoon with the HS traffic. I can't see adding a MS to the mix.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCoqui View Post
It may be that they have it as land that they could expand into. They just recently made an addition to NaFo HS. AO Jones Blvd is a traffic nightmare in the mornings and afternoon with the HS traffic. I can't see adding a MS to the mix.
I'm hoping that we will find out more info about the future ES/MS sites during the HS attendance line meeting on Oct 1st.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:12 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,446,544 times
Is Indian Land in York or Lancaster County? I look up different houses in Indian Land and they list different counties.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Is Indian Land in York or Lancaster County? I look up different houses in Indian Land and they list different counties.
Indian Land is Lancaster County. Lancaster County has a county wide school district.
York has 4 separate districts: Fort Mill, Clover, York and Rock Hill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties