Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2018, 06:10 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,427,057 times

Advertisements

It seems houses are less expensive in Lake Wylie compared to Indian Land and Fort Mill. How is the middle and high school? How is Lake Wylie compared to Indian Land and Fort Mill?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2018, 10:01 AM

4,272 posts, read 6,301,514 times
Lake Wylie is a nice area, and generally sought after. I **think** they are tied to the Clover school district, which is mostly good. There are a couple lower-ranked schools in Clover compared to FM/IL, but most schools are pretty comparable.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:26 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,427,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
Lake Wylie is a nice area, and generally sought after. I **think** they are tied to the Clover school district, which is mostly good. There are a couple lower-ranked schools in Clover compared to FM/IL, but most schools are pretty comparable.
Thanks. I was looking to build in Masons Bend with Fielding homes but there is a community that the sales rep suggested that has the same style homes for less price in Lake Wylie. The community is Paddlers Cove. How is the community compare to Masons Bend? Are there shopping, restaurants, and amenities around Lake Wylie? Middle school and high school in Lake Wylie? Is the extra cost worth staying in Fort Mill? I've been to Fort Mill many times but I'll have to take a trip to Lake Wylie. I'm not too fond of the DTE easement and power lines on the private lots in Masons Bend.

Old 09-30-2018, 05:01 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,681,135 times
Lake Wylie is a part of the Clover School District, with that neighborhood being zoned for Oakridge Middle and Clover High (it's a one-high school district for now, probably not for too many years due to a lot of growth). As Girl said, schools are pretty comparable to Fort Mill Schools with slightly lower ratings, but excellent in general. Not as much congestion in Lake Wylie as compared to Fort Mill, but that's not saying much lately. Local shopping is nearby on Charlotte Highway with a few grocery stores--Food Lion and Publix, chain restaurants and some nice local ones. There's also a Wal-Mart Supercenter and a Lowe's in LKW. I don't live in Lake Wylie or Fort Mill, but from what I've seen in driving around in both areas, and online builders' sites, prices are higher in Fort Mill than Lake Wylie so you should be able to get more for slightly less in Paddler's Cove. Can't go wrong with the area, save the fact your commute to Charlotte will take more time as the interstates are nearby but don't run through the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties