Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2019, 05:01 PM

184 posts, read 316,760 times

Advertisements

Hi All -

I have an opportunity to relocate down to the CLT area for work. I have been to Charlotte a bunch, and took my wife and 2 kids this past August. Children are 5 (boy starting kindergarten in Fall 2019) and 1 (daughter just turned 1). We currently live in Northern New Jersey (Bergen County for those familiar with the region). Anyway, last August we visitied numerous towns, and we are very interested in Tega Cay but would love to know more than the typical (the schools are great; awesome neighbors, etc). We have a realtor, so we would like to speak with someone with kids of similar age or a little older who can give us some “real life” perspective on Tega Cay. Would be great if they also came from up North, but happy to speak with any folks that live in Tega Cay. If anyone has some time to speak, please DM me here or reply in this thread.

Thanks!

John
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2019, 07:02 AM

16 posts, read 14,793 times
One down side to Tega Cay is you are very very close to a nuclear power plant.
Getting into Tega Cay through Fort Mill usually is a more traffic congested route

Old 01-28-2019, 10:27 AM

4,272 posts, read 6,310,028 times
Tega Cay is mostly "one way in, one way out" in that there is only access via ONE road to reach most of Tega Cay. They did open up one small spur to make it easier for TC to get to another section of Rte 160, but for the most part that road is RARELY traveled so Gold Hill Road remains the main artery feeding into TC. As User41 said, it can lead to congestion during rush hours.

Tega Cay has plenty of activities for residents and is very family friendly. They also have a Parks & Rec that runs sports programs for kids. Tega Cay Elementary is right on the border between TC and Fort Mill and is a newer school compared to the others in York County District 4. TC has a golf course as well as lots of walking trails. They have sports fields and a dedicated police department.

Not sure what other information you need that isn't covered in other threads. Those threads do deal with "real life" - which is schools, commuting, taxes, housing, families, etc.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:30 AM

547 posts, read 775,819 times
To be clear, the new parkway gets used OFTEN and it connects one part of Tega Cay to the other part of Tega Cay as well as serving as an alternate route from/to the peninsula. Since the parkway opened and the completion of intersection improvements at Gold Hill and 160, congestion has for the most part, been eliminated in that area. Areas of congestion remain or have increased in the Gold Hill, Baxter (160) and Sutton Rd areas around I-77 during main commute times.

Old 01-28-2019, 12:25 PM

4,272 posts, read 6,310,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Father View Post
To be clear, the new parkway gets used OFTEN and it connects one part of Tega Cay to the other part of Tega Cay as well as serving as an alternate route from/to the peninsula. Since the parkway opened and the completion of intersection improvements at Gold Hill and 160, congestion has for the most part, been eliminated in that area. Areas of congestion remain or have increased in the Gold Hill, Baxter (160) and Sutton Rd areas around I-77 during main commute times.
That's surprising because in all the times that I've taken the new parkway that connects TC to the other section of 160, there have hardly ever been more than 3-4 vehicles either in front or behind me. It's one reason I always have my learner's permit take that road while we're out driving - she gets practice with almost no opportunity for an accident as she improves her skills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties