Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2019, 08:13 AM

5 posts, read 4,418 times

Advertisements

I was talking with a friend of mine the other night and he was telling me how this elderly couple got scammed by a pressure washer.

The story is one man comes to the door and says "Hey I want to stick a sign in your yard and I'll pressure washer house for $175"
The woman agreed
So the man came back the next day with two other men and a white van, they pressure washed the house

She felt safe and let them in her house (stupid I know) to write them a check
of course this is when the price changed to $5,000, She just stood there and not feeling safe with the strangers in the house explained she couldn't pay that much money so the Ring Leader finally agreed they would take $3500

she called the police who came by the next day to confirm it was a scam
and they deposited the check immediately so the money is gone.
The police don't have pictures of these people so they can't do anything about it but it was definitely a scam.

Does anyone have any information or one have a camera outside that might have gotten a plate or face?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2019, 02:01 PM

4,272 posts, read 6,318,433 times
You might be better off finding out if Swan Meadows has an HOA or Facebook page and posting there. The chances are slim that someone on this forum happens to be a resident of Swan Meadows (a neighborhood I don't recall ever seeing get mentioned here until your post).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties