Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 12:27 AM

16 posts, read 30,205 times

Advertisements

Friends that wanted to be in the Ft. Mill/Indian Land area but was out of his budget.
Looks like he's found a good deal in the town of Clover, which I had never heard of before.
And now he tells me (after looking for a year) that prices are softening in Ft. Mill, not much, but 6 months ago, the price was firm, options expensive. Now that he's moved, he's getting emails offering a discount and/or no charge options.
Now we are both 65, and his wife had heard about Del Mar sites which again were topping over his budget, but apparently had many activities to keep them busy.
Again, as a boy from Brooklyn who married a girl from Jersey, I've done research which suggests those could be fun assuming it's not a choice between knitting and golf, neither of which my wife and I enjoy.

Local feedback, please

Thanks
ed in NJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2019, 12:19 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,684,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edcolandra View Post
Friends that wanted to be in the Ft. Mill/Indian Land area but was out of his budget.
Looks like he's found a good deal in the town of Clover, which I had never heard of before.
And now he tells me (after looking for a year) that prices are softening in Ft. Mill, not much, but 6 months ago, the price was firm, options expensive. Now that he's moved, he's getting emails offering a discount and/or no charge options.
Now we are both 65, and his wife had heard about Del Mar sites which again were topping over his budget, but apparently had many activities to keep them busy.
Again, as a boy from Brooklyn who married a girl from Jersey, I've done research which suggests those could be fun assuming it's not a choice between knitting and golf, neither of which my wife and I enjoy.

Local feedback, please

Thanks
ed in NJ
Ed, we had a poster, some years ago, from one of the boroughs of NYC, who lived in Clover. She did much of her shopping in Gastonia and came to Kings Mountain for certain things as well. She has since moved to the NC side of the state line and doesn't post much anymore.

Old 04-01-2019, 02:23 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,962,204 times
Clover is a 1 stoplight town. Near literally.. I worked with a girl who lived there and she talked about how much she loved it cause there was nothing there and she liked the feeling of seclusion.. I don't know what part of Clover she lived in but I've driven that way a few times and there was pretty much nothing there.

Old 04-01-2019, 03:20 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,358,124 times
I remember when Clover once had a real Polo factory outlet at the actual textile manufacturing plant, not a mall variety like at Gaffney or Concord Mills today. Was known around the region for good prices on Polo and other popular brands.

Old 04-01-2019, 03:28 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,380,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edcolandra View Post

Local feedback, please

Thanks
ed in NJ
Local feedback on what? The desirability of Clover, or the softening of prices in Ft. Mill? What are "Del Mar sites"?

Old 04-01-2019, 03:47 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,684,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
Local feedback on what? The desirability of Clover, or the softening of prices in Ft. Mill? What are "Del Mar sites"?
I'm not sure if it's what he is talking about, but there's a town called Delmar on Delmarva. Either that, or he meant Del Webb?

Old 04-02-2019, 09:02 AM

6,319 posts, read 10,344,319 times
The actual town of Clover is a bit out there and I'd guess not the first choice for those looking for "many activities to keep them busy"

However there are a lot of houses with "Clover" addresses that are essentially on the border with the town of Lake Wylie, which has amenities and while not particularly convenient for getting to uptown Charlotte, is fairly convenient to places like the Steele Creek area which have additional amenities.

Old 04-02-2019, 08:33 PM

615 posts, read 537,708 times
If you want a more in depth view of what is happening in Clover, Ft Mill, and Indian Land, SC then go to the York County, SC forum.

Old 04-03-2019, 06:22 AM

4,271 posts, read 6,297,425 times
As I said in your other thread, your best bet is to make a trip here and visit all the towns you have on your short list. Only that will allow you to determine where you want to live.

In 2005 when my husband and I were considering a move (while living in NoNJ) we came down for a 3 day weekend and drove ALL OVER the place exploring the area. We visited all the towns on our short list, driving up and down streets and through various parts of town. Only after doing that for 3 days did we decide Fort Mill was where we wanted to stick our flag. BEFORE the trip, on paper Davidson, NC was our top choice. But our visit helped us realize that no, we did not want to live in Davidson.

You can do all the research in the world and ask for all the feedback in the world from locals, but the fact of the matter is that you will NOT know where you want to live until you come here and visit all the areas on your list. Locals can give you info, but bear in mind that they post with their own personal biases regarding the area (i.e., "traffic is awful" from a FM native to "traffic is not that bad" from someone that relocated from NoNJ). Only YOU know what you want, so you need to come down here and determine where you can find it.

Old 04-03-2019, 11:01 AM

120 posts, read 140,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The QC View Post
If you want a more in depth view of what is happening in Clover, Ft Mill, and Indian Land, SC then go to the York County, SC forum.
Help a gal out - isn't this forum the York County SC forum?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties