Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2019, 01:35 PM

1 posts, read 456 times

Advertisements

Hello All,
I'm new to this forum. Im based out of Fort Mill area. My 3.5 yr old son has been diagnosed with ASD and is undergoing several therapies. He has a speech delay so currently is non-verbal.
We enrolled him in the day care in Tega Cay and we did mention about his condition to the teachers. But looks like instead of helping him the teachers have neglected him. He does not play with any other kids and mostly plays alone. we asked the teachers to involve him specifically so that he learns group playing. But bcos he does not communicate they have just neglected him.
Also he was undergoing ABA therapy wherein his therapist would go to his daycare and spend time with him in the afternoon. But now we had to change the providers and he is out of his therapy now. This has quite made the situation bad. His teachers everyday are asking us when will the therapy start as they cannot look after him. its ridiculous that they are working in daycare getting paid for their work and expect the therapist to take care of my son just bcos he is a bit hyper?
unfortunately this behavior will be there anywhere he goes unless there is a facility that literally cares for kids with Autism. If daycare is meant for only super smart kids then where will such kids go who are trying to become normal and smart?
Can anyone suggest me any daycare/place wherein i can send my son?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2019, 11:20 AM

3 posts, read 1,246 times
Wow im sorry you are going through this . I know how that feels . I have 5 kids . And 3 has ADHD.and my youngest was speech delay and had occupational therapy too. Im currently living in Ohio but moving to Rock Hill . I would have no problem baby-sitting when you need help . Im a stay at home mom . I been taking care my kids for a while. I would be very upset if the daycare provider would treat my son that way . I would change him to somewhere else.but that is easier said then done. Good luck . Dont let anyone pit you and your child down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties