Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2020, 10:52 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,716,683 times

Advertisements

Hey how goes it???

So do apologize will due some back reading on post on this board.

My Wife, and Daughter moved to Charlotte about 3 months ago. We love NC (know wrong forum). Charlotte is good. I mean the sprawl and growth is bit of a turn off. Home values keep going up, but its a growing city so what do you expect.

Right now I work in Pineville and Wife works in Matthews.

We enjoy Indian Trail and Sun Valley area. We like Monroe. Decuded to pop over to SC since a few colleagues recommend the area.

Drove through Indian Land, Fort Mill, Rock Hill. Thinking of checking out York, Clover, and Lake Wylie area.

A lot of jobs so far at the hospital noticed in Fort Mill and easy to head up to Pineville. Matthews was a slight hike nothing terrible with the drive back. Could see during peak commute hours can be a pain in the rear area.

Wife is an LPN looking to head back to school and heard positive feedback on the community college or tech college YTC.

Also like that Fort Mill has a volunteer rescue squad.

Any feedback on decent school areas in SC that buying a home won't break the bank?

We are looking for a 3 plus maybe 4 bed home with 2 full baths $300K or less. With the MIL she wants to be close to stores and such. With the family do want to be near parks, a Y/Rec Center, and greenways.

Any area's pop to mind in SC?

Appreciate the insight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2020, 05:34 AM

107 posts, read 196,054 times
Welcome! $300,000 or less is doable in Fort Mill, but you will need to be open to the older section of town...which is not a bad thing at all because it has exactly what you are looking for in great schools, a greenway, YMCA, etc. I would recommend beginning the search within a 1 Mile concentric circle of downtown Fort Mill. There are homes available within your price point. Outside of this circle the homes will increase in price. However, if you are open to a townhome, you will be able to find them within your price range in these “outer” areas.

Last edited by coxe; 09-06-2020 at 05:42 AM..

Old 09-07-2020, 11:27 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,716,683 times
Appreciate the feedback

Made a 2nd drive through the area yesterday

York and Clover is some beautiful land kissed by God. Does seem bit off the beaten trail.

Do enjoy Fort Mill, some areas of Rock Hill, Indian Trail, and areas near 521.

Like Lancaster County area a lot. Outside of homes anything bear 521 and area between Pineville down to the 5/521 interchange is prime location for being near 5 to 6 medical centers/hospitals. Lancaster fire department offers some of the best benefits I have ever seen for volunteeer department.

Keeling fingers crossed next year might be able to aim for $310K max budget or look at 3/2 places and expand later on down the road.

Old 09-08-2020, 01:49 PM
NDL

4,518 posts, read 5,660,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Hey how goes it???

So do apologize will due some back reading on post on this board.

My Wife, and Daughter moved to Charlotte about 3 months ago. We love NC (know wrong forum). Charlotte is good. I mean the sprawl and growth is bit of a turn off. Home values keep going up, but its a growing city so what do you expect.

Right now I work in Pineville and Wife works in Matthews.

We enjoy Indian Trail and Sun Valley area. We like Monroe. Decuded to pop over to SC since a few colleagues recommend the area.

Drove through Indian Land, Fort Mill, Rock Hill. Thinking of checking out York, Clover, and Lake Wylie area.

A lot of jobs so far at the hospital noticed in Fort Mill and easy to head up to Pineville. Matthews was a slight hike nothing terrible with the drive back. Could see during peak commute hours can be a pain in the rear area.

Wife is an LPN looking to head back to school and heard positive feedback on the community college or tech college YTC.

Also like that Fort Mill has a volunteer rescue squad.

Any feedback on decent school areas in SC that buying a home won't break the bank?

We are looking for a 3 plus maybe 4 bed home with 2 full baths $300K or less. With the MIL she wants to be close to stores and such. With the family do want to be near parks, a Y/Rec Center, and greenways.

Any area's pop to mind in SC?

Appreciate the insight.
I am not being a jerk, but I noticed you posted in the Greenville forum as well. Right now, you're traversing *a lot* of territory, so it's hard to pinpoint an area.

You also said you prefer SC to NC, yet NC has better access to healthcare and educational (college) resources.

I lived in both Greenville and in York Co's; aside from access to work and school, what else are you looking for?

What did you like/dislike about Matthews (which is probably your best choice *by far*, based upon what you've written thus far).

For reference, the Greenville area is a lot smaller, so it's more concentrated; CLT's metro is spread out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties