Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2008, 07:33 PM

116 posts, read 431,676 times

Advertisements

Okay, so - first I want to say that I'm not here to purposely BASH Rock Hill but I want to share my very brief experience with everyone.

I had JUST gotten in the mail my magnetic signs for my vehicle (for the business) and I drove to the Petsmart in Rock Hill (Because it's the closest and I didn't want to be gone long). I parked the car and wasn't in there but 5 minutes... came out and one of my magnets was GONE. LOL

At first I thought I must have lost it maybe it fell off the car....and I backtracked all the way back into Fort Mill (even back where I made a wrong turn hehehe)...I stopped and asked people if they saw it and no one did.

So, I'm going to HAVE to assume someone stole it (if they did, please call me the number is on the magnet! lol) i promise i won't be mad.....i just can't imagine someone would steal ONE magnet unless they were just doing it out of spite.....I dunno...it's just weird. I had the darn thing 10 minutes and now it's gone! I told one of my neighbors and she's like, "oh girl stay out of Rock Hill will ya" and I'm like...I dunno, doesn't seem that bad..I mean, I myself prefer Fort Mill for a number of reasons but growing up in Brooklyn ..Rock Hill doesn't really "fit the bill" as the "worst place on earth to live" hehehe....

ANYWAY, IF ANYONE FINDS MY MAGNET PLEASE CALL ME
I won't say the name of the company on the magnet b/c i don't want to get in trouble but it's an 803 area code..that should be enough. I'm assuming there's not a lot of giant white magnets floating around .... hehehe. wow. TGIF.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 06:59 PM

36 posts, read 186,731 times
Default Had to be kids!

It doesn't seem to matter where you go these days, kids don't have any manners and feel they can do anything they want to.

I don't know of any adult who could have had a motive to do that.

Call Pet Smart and see if they go it on video surveillance.

Old 05-13-2008, 04:12 AM

32 posts, read 92,956 times
I had some of those magnetic signs once. When they are new and stiff, they blow off. When the weather gets warm and they heat up properly, they'll start sticking better. I suspect it blew off - it has been very windy here lately! You had to cross over the Catawba Bridge to get to Petsmart, remember - that's a big hole for it to blow off into.

In short, don't be so quick to blame this one on human nature - I question why anyone would want to steal your magnetic sign? It will be of little use to them...

Old 05-13-2008, 12:55 PM

225 posts, read 717,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafetbird View Post
I had some of those magnetic signs once. When they are new and stiff, they blow off. When the weather gets warm and they heat up properly, they'll start sticking better. I suspect it blew off - it has been very windy here lately! You had to cross over the Catawba Bridge to get to Petsmart, remember - that's a big hole for it to blow off into.

In short, don't be so quick to blame this one on human nature - I question why anyone would want to steal your magnetic sign? It will be of little use to them...

Why blame Rock Hill!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties