U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 09:22 AM

11 posts, read 39,686 times

Advertisements

Hello ALL:

I live in Belair at Carolina Lakes and so far this is what I've heard is going up in the area regarding new stores and stuff.

BB&T bank
CVS Pharmacy
Harris Teeter
Lowes (assuming this is the home improvement 'Lowes' and not the food store?)
Belk
JC Penney
Target
Medical Buildings
Manchester Cinemas
Public Library
and Wal Mart Supercenter 4-5 miles down the road

Does this cover it all or is there more?

PLMK,

Thanks,
AdiosNJ4EVA
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 05:22 PM

444 posts, read 1,577,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiosNJ4EVA View Post
Hello ALL:

I live in Belair at Carolina Lakes and so far this is what I've heard is going up in the area regarding new stores and stuff.

BB&T bank
CVS Pharmacy
Harris Teeter
Lowes (assuming this is the home improvement 'Lowes' and not the food store?)
Belk
JC Penney
Target
Medical Buildings
Manchester Cinemas
Public Library
and Wal Mart Supercenter 4-5 miles down the road

Does this cover it all or is there more?

PLMK,

Thanks,
AdiosNJ4EVA
That's awesome, we are moving into Sun City in the next few weeks. It's wonderful to have so much shopping and will really save on gas. Thanks for the information!

Dunroven

Old 05-17-2008, 01:30 PM

2,247 posts, read 4,496,984 times
If you go to this link:

Charlotte commercial real estate brokerage North Carolina apartments (http://www.crosland.com/retail/under_development/ - broken link)

and click on "Cornerstone" you will download a .pdf of the development right across 521 from SCCL.

CAUTION: It is a HUGE file and takes awhile to load. I just saved it to my computer and then looked around.

Actually, there is going to be BOTH a Lowe's Home Improvement as well as a Lowes Food. The food one is going to be in the Cornerstone development referenced above, and the home improvement one is just going to be down the road a tiny bit.

There is also a Wendy's going in at Carolina Commons, which is the center right at the entrance to SCCL.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:39 AM

11 posts, read 39,686 times
Lightbulb Great info

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
If you go to this link:

Charlotte commercial real estate brokerage North Carolina apartments (http://www.crosland.com/retail/under_development/ - broken link)

and click on "Cornerstone" you will download a .pdf of the development right across 521 from SCCL.

CAUTION: It is a HUGE file and takes awhile to load. I just saved it to my computer and then looked around.

Actually, there is going to be BOTH a Lowe's Home Improvement as well as a Lowes Food. The food one is going to be in the Cornerstone development referenced above, and the home improvement one is just going to be down the road a tiny bit.

There is also a Wendy's going in at Carolina Commons, which is the center right at the entrance to SCCL.
Hey rothbear, thanks for the great info. I saved it to my PC as well. Would you happen to have any links on the Carolina Commons plans? Just curious, I love stuff like this...

Thanks again,
AdiosNJ4EVA

Old 05-19-2008, 08:31 PM

2,247 posts, read 4,496,984 times
Ask and you shall receive!!

Here is the architect's rendering of Carolina Commons. As far as I know there hasn't been anything else announced other than the Harris Teeter, CVS, Wendy's and bank (I believe it's to be Bank of America).

http://www.liveoncharlotte.com/Documents/Carolina%20Commons%20Site%20Plan%2009%2007.pdf (broken link)

BTW......M.O.B. stands for Medical Office Building

Old 05-21-2008, 01:23 PM

107 posts, read 303,957 times
Hi,

Nice to see someone else in Belair, we'll be moving there late June. When we spoke to the salespeople they mentioned a movie theater and a BestBuy. I'll have to double check that info based on what I've read here but if true would be a nice addition in my opinion.

My one concern is the width of the road running into Belair (forgot the name ). It looks like if traffic starts to boom they'll need to widen it. Other than that we're exited to make the move.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:33 PM

78 posts, read 213,366 times
Hello, We just signed a contract in Belair At Carolina Lakes. It's very exciting and scarry. I just hope I don't get buyers remorse. We were told a movie theater and Bestbuy as well. Where did you guys buy. The Glen or Meadows. I liked the models better than a lot of other new constructions we've seen for the money. We're using their mortgage; Pulte because of the incentives. I still have the option to use one of the lenders that already approved me. I'll be going over this very carefully. I've never purchased a new contruction. Any advice?

Old 05-21-2008, 09:37 PM

620 posts, read 2,021,546 times
Has the Cornerstone project started construction?

Old 05-22-2008, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjen View Post
I've never purchased a new contruction. Any advice?
I'm pretty sure we're in the Glen. The models are very nice compared to what we have seen as well. Also, I was told that alot of the existing options are to be made as extras instead of the norm. So, you are getting a lot of options now that will cost more eventually. Hope that helps with the buyers remorse .

As for advice I would recommend that you perform due diligence and get your own home inspector to look at the site prior to closing. I'm not saying that there will be problems but you want to address this way beforehand.
Also, in the contract it states that the inspection will not delay closing so don't look to that as a way to put off the closing date.

The mortgage that they offer is somewhat competitive to what is out there. We also had a pre-approval from another bank but after seeing the cut from the home price it was a non-issue. Be sure to stay in contact and check in often. Like most you have to be on top of them to keep up with their paperwork and its beholden upon you to ensure that they didn't miss anything. They will insure their end not yours . Also be ready to provide past bank account info as well as any other financial documents. They might not ask for it all but its better to have ready. I had to ask twice myself.

For the most part you should be happy with the home as I have not heard much complaints on this board. Overall, Pulte has had image problems but perhaps this mortgage mess has helped them straighten things out.

Good luck!

Old 05-22-2008, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxmike View Post
Has the Cornerstone project started construction?
It looks like it. The area next to Belair had construction vehicles and was active the day we did the initial walk through this week.

Is NY where you are from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties