U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2008, 11:15 AM

2 posts, read 8,019 times

Advertisements

I've been searching for the best pre-school for my 3 yr.old to start in August. I called Carolina Kids who charge $175/week and there are 215 kids and 30 teachers there!! That's A LOT of kids to manage, even for 30 teachers. Also, I noticed that a lot of the preschools start with infants of 6 weeks old?!? I would rather find a great preschool that has post-diaper/pre-kindergarten toddlers with nice teachers that care and actually teach -- does anyone have any recommendations? Even if it's a little out of the area, I would rather drive to a great school than put up with a crappy local school.

Does anyone have experience with Chesterbrook Academy? Thanks! Also, I prefer a "non-religious" school -- there seems to be tons of "bible schools" in this area.

Last edited by MamaBahama; 06-12-2008 at 11:17 AM.. Reason: forgot something
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 07:56 PM

18 posts, read 48,943 times
Hi there! I wish you the best of luck in your search, I know it can be very stressful. I am new to the area so I can't make too many recommendations except to hurry up and get on waiting lists. Many of the preschools have very long waiting lists!!
I've attached the link that may be of assistance.

Information for Parents - SC Department of Social Services | Child Care Services

Old 06-15-2008, 07:48 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,010,233 times
2 of my children have gone to Leroy Springs and we LOVED it!

Old 06-15-2008, 11:23 AM

95 posts, read 204,782 times
From reading other posts, I've heard positive things about:

St. Johns Preschool (waitlist)
St. Phillip Naziri (sp?)
Lake Wylie Lutherian
Harrison UMC in Pineville

I think Carolina Kids is meant as more of a daycare for working parents. That is why it is so pricey. It is actually one of the best in Fort Mill!

I also strongly recommend that you join YorkCountyMommies.com--York County, SC's Mom-to-Mom Connection. It is a very valuable resource of York County moms who will give you the scoop on everything, including Preschools!

Old 11-18-2008, 06:53 PM

1 posts, read 6,152 times
Kids 'R' Kids is fantastic. My son has been there since it opened and loves it. They have great teachers and a good mix of academics and fun activities for the kids. I really love the interation between the teachers and the kids.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:09 PM

396 posts, read 926,851 times
I have two neighbors whose children went to Leroy Springs and they absolutely raved about it. The one girl went for 1 or 2 years, but part time. She is in Kindergarten now and doing VERY well in school.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:35 AM

151 posts, read 543,043 times
My now 6 year old son went to Leroy for 1 year, and my now 3 3/4 daughter goes to Leroy. She'll go there next year, and maybe 1 more year. It is the best money I have spent so far, fabulous teachers, loving environment, and a great headstart on life. They tend to have a waiting list, so apply early!

Old 11-24-2008, 04:02 PM

23 posts, read 72,649 times
We use Pleasant Road Child Development Center. My son is now 2 and has been going there since he was 8 weeks. He has adored all of his teachers and still hugs them all (including the director) before we leave each night (that takes some planning when I'm in a hurry!!). The teacher of the 3's was his 2's teacher and she lives in Ft Mill. The class sizes are small and the staff turnover has not been much at all. I HIGHLY recommend them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>