U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 06:22 PM

3 posts, read 14,117 times

Advertisements

Our family will be relocating to Fort Mill from Ohio next month. We are building in the Reserve at Gold Hill.

We have 3 kids...going into K, 3 in August, and 18 months.

I am looking for a fantastic place where they can all go for daycare, preschool, and after school care. Here in Ohio, the older two went to a Goddard School and we ALL loved it. I heard that they are building one off of Gold Hill Rd., but it won't be ready in time.

Any suggestions for a great place for all 3? My biggest concern is a place that will best serve the needs of the youngest two since our oldest will only be there after school.

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 08:15 PM

18 posts, read 48,434 times
Hi there! We faced the same situation when we relocated. I found the site below to be very helpful since it gives you the names and reports of all the child care facilities in the area. Good luck! I know how stressful that can be.

Information for Parents - SC Department of Social Services | Child Care Services

Old 06-26-2008, 02:24 PM

2 posts, read 8,500 times
Wink Goddard coming to Fort Mill!

Lucky you! Our youngest daughter went to the Goddard in Twinsburg, OH. We loved it so much, we decided to buy one...here in Fort Mill, SC. Our certificate of Occupancy is expected around Dec 23, '08, so we should be open right at the first of the year. We will have a beautiful new building and the wonderful curriculum you already know and love.

BTW - I am familiar with the Reserve and it is a lovely new subdivision with lots of young families with kids. Your children will have no shortage of playdates.

To get on our info list and schedule a tour closer to our Grand Opening, call 803-802-2112.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:37 PM

18 posts, read 72,435 times
Thumbs up Lakeshore Christian Preschool

You may want to contact the Lakeshore Christian Church Preschool. They have radically upgraded there program over the past two years. It is a great Church and the Preschool is very highly thought of. See †Lakeshore Christian Fellowship Tega Cay, SC)

Old 06-28-2008, 08:52 AM

4 posts, read 17,982 times
Carolina Kids is a great childcare facility, and they have a great reputation. They have cameras in all the rooms that are under constant monitering!

Old 06-29-2008, 08:24 AM

3 posts, read 14,117 times
We were just down in the area and saw the sign at Gold Hill and Pleasant Rd. We were curious about when it would be opening. We are going to use KidsRKids in the meantime. They were the only center that could take all three in August, Carolina Kids has a waiting list for the room where our 18month old would be.
Thanks for all of the tips!

Old 06-30-2008, 12:42 PM

4 posts, read 16,229 times
Default Welcome to Fort Mill

We live in the Reserve and love it- hopefully you will feel the same. I have a son going into 1st and a daughter, 21 months. They both go to Fort Mill Prep. and really love it. The teachers are there because they want to be. The kids come home with projects and have learned something every day.
I am looking forward to meeting you once you move in!

Old 07-07-2008, 06:23 PM
ald

59 posts, read 220,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveofus View Post
Our family will be relocating to Fort Mill from Ohio next month. We are building in the Reserve at Gold Hill.

We have 3 kids...going into K, 3 in August, and 18 months.

I am looking for a fantastic place where they can all go for daycare, preschool, and after school care. Here in Ohio, the older two went to a Goddard School and we ALL loved it. I heard that they are building one off of Gold Hill Rd., but it won't be ready in time.

Any suggestions for a great place for all 3? My biggest concern is a place that will best serve the needs of the youngest two since our oldest will only be there after school.

Thanks!

I would recommend Carolina kIds...it's the best . My daughter started last year and attends the after school program. She LOVES it.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:40 PM

150 posts, read 671,445 times
Another positive recommendation for Carolina Kids from me... DD goes there and we have been pleased with them so far. I am also excited about the Goddard School opening on Gold Hill Road.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:07 PM

23 posts, read 71,978 times
My son goes to Pleasant Road and they have been great, he's been with them since I went back to work and is now 2. My daughter went there too a few years ago and I have had great luck with them. Many of the teachers there are parents themselves which at least for me makes a huge difference. My son loves each of his teachers so much that every day before we leave he has to kiss each of them goodbye...which can take more time than I have some nights. I often tell the teachers that if it wasnt for them I would be sick with worry while I'm at work, but knowing that he is with them I actually feel ok with leaving him at daycare. Honestly he would rather be there than at home with me and has told me as much on the weekends!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties