Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 07:48 AM

10 posts, read 23,683 times

Advertisements

Hello All,
I'm a Pre-nursing student in KY who will be graduating from Nursing school in May of 2011 (long time). I am planning of relocating to the Charlotte/Rock Hill area shortly after. I will be 25 by then and I was wondering if Rock Hill will be a nice place for my fiance and I.

Are they any spots for younger people, ,or will we have to drive to Charlotte for everything? Not just clubs, but malls, nice bars, movie theatres, etc.

Also we plan to be married before moving and wanted to know if Rock Hill was a nice place to start a family?

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 07:20 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,428,999 times
Thins in this area can and do change quickly. There are SOME spots for young people due to Winthrop University, but not many. RH has a nice theatre, a mediocre mall, and decent selection of local and chain restaurants. Fort Mill (the town between Rock Hill and Charlotte) also has a fair amount of restaurants now. For nightlife. yes, you pretty much have to go to Charlotte.

Old 07-24-2008, 05:34 AM

Thanks for the info...
Yeah thats what I sort of figured... that we would have to go to Charlotte for anything fun. I'm iffy about charlotte in regards to where I want my kids raised and also the expenses. South Charlotte may be more of a fit for us?!

Old 07-24-2008, 07:17 AM

149 posts, read 581,564 times
I would go for the Fort Mill area. Its very close to Charlotte but still in SC so gas and cost of living is cheaper than Charlotte. Also, Charlotte Meck schools don't have a great reputation. Pineville is in South Charlotte and has a great mall, stores, restaurant, indoor ice rink, a fun center with putt putt and go carts, etc. Pineville is only about 10 mins from Fort Mill.

Last edited by beachbumssb; 07-24-2008 at 07:34 AM..

Old 07-24-2008, 09:34 AM

Does Fort Mill have a lot of young couples (Mid 20's)? I looked into Fort Mill and it seemed a little slow paced... Is this true? Also I want to be sure to live in a diverse area/ neighborhood, would we be able to find this in Fort Mill?

Old 07-25-2008, 05:09 PM

174 posts, read 732,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYNurse22 View Post
Hello All,
I'm a Pre-nursing student in KY who will be graduating from Nursing school in May of 2011 (long time). I am planning of relocating to the Charlotte/Rock Hill area shortly after. I will be 25 by then and I was wondering if Rock Hill will be a nice place for my fiance and I.

Are they any spots for younger people, ,or will we have to drive to Charlotte for everything? Not just clubs, but malls, nice bars, movie theatres, etc.

Also we plan to be married before moving and wanted to know if Rock Hill was a nice place to start a family?

TIA
Hey KY nurse...you'd like our neighborhood. Lot's of younger folks, older folks, singles, etc. We're right on Lake Wylie and just outside of Rock Hill. We all tend to have a pretty good time...sometimes too good a time.

Sunset Point Homeowners Association Web Site

Old 07-26-2008, 07:01 AM

That seems like a nice subdivisions, what's really neat is how they have their own website...

My fiance and I will be trying to make atleast 2 trips to the South charlotte area in the next year or 2 to kind of get a feel for the area.

Thanks for all the help

Old 07-26-2008, 07:42 AM

2,218 posts, read 3,453,491 times
If you think Ft Mill is "sleepy" I think you will find RH ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. I rent near RH and am glad I didnt buy here. Cost of living is better than NC but quality of life is a little dull. Ft Mill has some fun spots and Pineville does too. If you are looking for night life, Charlotte is where its at.

That said, you will like it down here I think. Nice friendly people and decent weather.

Old 07-26-2008, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
If you think Ft Mill is "sleepy" I think you will find RH ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. I rent near RH and am glad I didnt buy here. Cost of living is better than NC but quality of life is a little dull. Ft Mill has some fun spots and Pineville does too. If you are looking for night life, Charlotte is where its at.

That said, you will like it down here I think. Nice friendly people and decent weather.
Really?!? I was thinking that Fort Mill would be more laid back than Rock Hill!! Thanks for clearing that up. Honestly I think I was going off the population comparison between the two. I think we will more likley rent in Rock Hill and then go from there...

Old 07-26-2008, 07:08 PM

225 posts, read 716,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post

What makes Fort Mill hopping? Baxter Village! Their both sleepy and I live in RH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties