Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2008, 06:00 PM

246 posts, read 1,248,177 times

Advertisements

Any recommendations for the best store to buy a mattress?...looking for big, fluffy, comfy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 08:26 AM
MOC

57 posts, read 190,907 times
I would stay away from Sleepy's. They are a hard sell and try every trick they can. I went into one to get a price on mattresses and the salesman was aggressive and unrelenting. I went in there to buy 2 queen sets for our new home. When I told the salesman that wanted my husband to see the sets first he tried everything he could to rope me into giving a deposit. When I wouldn't give into doing it he pulled out a form that was called something like "spouses chance to approve" form. Which meant I would give him a deposit and then be able to get my money back if my spouse didn't like it. How sleezy is that! He badgered me so much to commit I walked out. I bought 2 sets at Macy's furniture store and the sale price was just as good as any mattress store.

Old 08-16-2008, 09:09 AM

156 posts, read 511,418 times
You can try Mattress Firm at the Rivergate shopping center in NC.

Old 08-16-2008, 09:29 AM

Thank you guys for the info,

I'll check Macy's & Mattress Firm...will be there in a week, can't belive this is all happening so fast! Yikes!

Old 08-18-2008, 11:32 AM

14 posts, read 33,917 times
There's always The Original Mattress Comany. The have a number of locations in the area, but there's always the Main Store where they actually manufacture them just off South Blvd.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:21 AM

107 posts, read 319,628 times
Here's what I did. I visited ashley and rooms to go as well as a few other stores near Carolina place mall. After we found the bed we liked we called 1-800-mattres(s) and told them the name of the bed and the store we saw it at. I told them the sale price and they beat it. The only problem with 1-800 is that there is no returns. So you have to be sure the matress you tried out is the right fit for you.

Since every company has a different name for the same bed it can get confusing. For example the Serta perfect sleeper model in one store might be called the "dream" while in another it is called "slumber". Its a way to prevent customers from shopping around but the companies can easily cross reference it. Honestly, it can be a big expensive decision so along with trying it out you can look for reviews online just get the base name from the manufacturer and there should be plenty of reviews out there.

Good luck!

Old 08-19-2008, 09:53 AM

Muskratlove,

That is a great way plan there, I think I'll be trying that myself!. Thank you for your advice and have a great week!

Old 08-19-2008, 09:54 AM

149 posts, read 581,564 times
We got ours at Mattress Firm and love ours! They are usually running pretty good price wise and they have a 90 day (I think it is 90 days) trial period. If you don't like it you can bring it back.

Old 08-23-2008, 09:53 AM

8 posts, read 19,976 times
We got ours from Rooms To Go a few years ago. It's a Sealy PosturPedic. Love it. Made payments without interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties