Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 06:03 PM

225 posts, read 715,968 times

Advertisements

When it's raining here can we please turn our lights on. when driving. It doesn't drain the battery folks. There is a switch on the dashboard of your cars and some have a stalk on the left or right side of the steering wheel that you turn.

How many cars do I see driving with no lights on at 7:00 am going to work and coming home.

Just because it isn't a law here doesn't mean you can't put them on.

SAFETY! People!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 07:38 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,781,346 times
You have to turn them on where I live when it's raining. My mom got a ticket a few years ago for not doing this.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:28 PM

225 posts, read 689,626 times
Default Fyi

In South Carolina, it's the law, to burn your headlights when it is raining.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:37 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,544,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd51 View Post
When it's raining here can we please turn our lights on. when driving. It doesn't drain the battery folks. There is a switch on the dashboard of your cars and some have a stalk on the left or right side of the steering wheel that you turn.

How many cars do I see driving with no lights on at 7:00 am going to work and coming home.

Just because it isn't a law here doesn't mean you can't put them on.

SAFETY! People!
1. especially if you have a grey/silver/light blue car (it's just common sense)
2. turn your lights on in fog too
3. turn signals are your friend so are working brake lights

again it's all common sense....ask yourself, gee can I see the car behind me that well? If you can't see them all that well, well guess what we can't see you either if your lights aren't on.

I thought it was a law that if your windshield wipers are on your lights must be on...then again the driving laws may be lax here (they sure appear to be) ...from what I understand it's still legal here to talk on a cell phone and or text while one is driving...no wonder SC car insurance is so high.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:13 PM

Well their not enforcing this law. How about NC?

Old 08-28-2008, 05:56 AM

All North Carolina motorists are required to use headlights whenever they are using windshield wipers due to inclement weather.
Taken from: NCDOT Division of Motor Vehicles: Driver Handbook: Chapter 4

Why it is enforced, probably cause it is probably more dangerous to pull over a motorist in inclement weather, and there is probably lots of traffic accidents that need immediate attention. Just my opinion.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:47 PM

Well they sure don't enforce it here. I see so many cars without their lights on when its raining.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:32 AM

With a good percentage of vehicles, having day light running lights, I guess the rest is just lack of responsibility and carelessness. Not only do they make it difficult to be seen , but usually it ends up being a innocent law abiding citizen that get the worst end of the deal. I often wonder, if common sense, should be a law?

Old 09-12-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sal707 View Post
With a good percentage of vehicles, having day light running lights, I guess the rest is just lack of responsibility and carelessness. Not only do they make it difficult to be seen , but usually it ends up being a innocent law abiding citizen that get the worst end of the deal. I often wonder, if common sense, should be a law?
I count all the cars on the road, and just marvel how many just can't turn that knob. Pretty scary driving here.

Old 09-13-2008, 06:00 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,870,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd51 View Post
Well they sure don't enforce it here. I see so many cars without their lights on when its raining.
Could be that's it's a secondary offense? Kind of like the seat belt law in many states. They can fine you for not wearing your seat belt, but only if they pull you over for something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties