U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2008, 07:03 AM

10 posts, read 29,968 times

Advertisements

ok , i am somewhat disturbed by this , my wife did the "application"..and received a response saying that the application was "denied".

she filled out the very simple form , except for the " home phone " which we do not have. we use cell phones like every other person in the world .our area code on our cell phones are from louisiana.

seems to me that from what i have read on this fourm that many people are not from here , but transplants ,i am sure people do not go out and change cell phone numbers from where they came from to have a local area code from here.

the denial said that if it was a error on their part ,please contact again.

my wife responed to the denial with all of the information again and "no response".

we have settled into our condo here in tega cay at stonecrest villas behind the new super wal-mart just over 3 weeks ago, we were able to get our daughter into lakeshore christian 3 year old class this past week which was great since reading on this fourm that getting your child into a pre-school here is tough.

was looking foward to her joining a mom's club, social club ,etc- meeting new people, making local contacts, etc.

she was a member of the "MOMS CLUB" which is a national club up until we left mandeville, la.

so , maybe someone here can shed some light , we are grown men and women and this club advertizes " welcomes new residents to join"..

needless to say,dening her application does not make us feel to welcome and seems to lack common courtesy by not giving a specific reason or at least a email response to re-evaluating the application..

eric

Last edited by eric,trudy,and lindsey; 09-27-2008 at 08:30 AM..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 09:39 AM

56 posts, read 164,374 times
Hi there! Welcome to the neighborhood. We just moved here as well. Just so you know, Tega Cay has it's own Mom's Club chapter. My wife joined, and it seems pretty active. She didn't have any of the problems that you're having with this one. She's already had a few "play dates", and there's lots of things on the calendar.

Here's the website :

MOMS Club of Tega Cay South Carolina

My wife sent email, and we ended up with an application - which was basically a "tell us about yourself" form, as well as a $25 yearly fee. She turned it in, they sent out an introduction email, and she started getting group emails, the monthly calendar, etc.

Good luck!

-Bill

Old 09-27-2008, 10:03 AM

392 posts, read 1,134,735 times
Hi, Eric! Just wanted to join in and say welcome to the area. Bummer that happened to y'all. So glad to see Bill was able to help you out.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:31 AM

she is going to contact the tega cay chapter of MOMS , we didn't think that a chapter would exist here in this part of town.. thanks for posting the link.

thanks bill...

arg-

not a bummer.....we prefer to associate with people who are " grounded " than those who think they are " superior "...to put it in a polite way...

she was very active with the MOMS , the nights out, play dates , cooking for members who were new mommie's ,etc. she really enjoyed it and so did lindsey...

eric
Attached Thumbnails
yorkcountymommies.com..we were denied-1-003.jpg  

Old 09-28-2008, 08:09 AM

19,856 posts, read 63,056,995 times
SHe is sooo cute!

Old 09-28-2008, 12:52 PM

146 posts, read 548,905 times
Eric, please welcome your wife and family to our area. I'm involved with yorkcountymommies somewhat (read frequently and post minimally) but am friends with one of the assistant site administrators. I have passed on this information with the hopes the situation can be rectified. I am sure it's all automated but wasn't been handled in the most appropriate of situations.

Welcome to the area- I'm in Lake Wylie and moved here from Charlotte with my family. Even being from Charlotte (25 years) and just moving 30 miles south, the transition was hard and I too found it hard to meet new people. It all falls into place at some point. My son was 3 when I put him in preschool and that's where I met most of my good friends at. Hopefully over the next couple of months, she too can find a few ladies in which to get together to do mom stuff with.

Welcome again- I do hope to get you an answer on why she was denied and will work to get her "approved."

Renee

Old 09-28-2008, 01:47 PM

10 posts, read 38,591 times
While I understand that you were frustrated and disappointed, the application was filed on 9/23 and we reviewed the information. On the initial pass, without the phone number the registration was automatically rejected and a request for more info was sent. Trudy replied to us the same day, unfortunately that information does not return directly to the registration process, but gets sent to one of our 4 administrators, all of whom are busy moms as well as volunteers on our site. Today makes 5 days since the initial request, and your wife had already been approved when I looked at her account.
I hope you will understand that patience is required when dealing with an organization the size of York County Mommies- we have over 700 members and new requests daily. In order to keep our community safe and verify that all of the women do indeed live in York County, we require a complete application with at least two pieces of data that can be verified and cross referenced.
I am sorry that it took longer than you anticipated for the application process, but please know that we are volunteers and we are working hard to keep our online community a safe place where moms like your wife will feel free to come post and join in the fun, all the while managing our own home and work lives.
I hope this follow up, will change your thumbs down to a thumbs up, and that your wife, like the many other moms in our area will find YCM a great local resource.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:22 AM

thanks for the response/clarification... she has signed up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties