Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 10:04 AM

10 posts, read 16,863 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I realize some of these posts are years old, some of you may not be in the area anymore, but if you are, I wanted to let you know that Judaism is starting to thrive in Fort Mill/York County. Temple Kol Ami has Friday night services the first and third Friday's of the month and a growing religious school (almost 40 kids enrolled) that meets on Sundays at Ivybrook Academy in Fort Mill. We observe all the major holidays together and are having quarterly Shabbatons with a rabbi and hope to have more regular rabbinic leadership in the future. For more information, check our website templekolamisc.org or email us at yorksynagogue@gmail.com. Also check out our Facebook page (temple Kol ami). Hope to meet some of you one day soon.
Temple Kol Ami
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 07:45 AM

31 posts, read 43,567 times
Thanks for the info! We have been wondering if there is a congregation in the area for some time! We will be sure to come check it out in the fall!

Old 06-30-2016, 08:47 AM

Hi, Jonnyz,
Please let me know if I can give you any information. We are having a shabbaton weekend Aug 26-28 with a wonderful rabbi, Rabbi Bruce Aft, from the DC area. He has been with us in the past and was very well received. Check out our website later in the summer for more details. All events associated with the shabbaton are always free and open to the public. If you have children that are Hebrew school aged, we are having an open house on Aug 28 from 10-12 at ivybrook academy in fort mill. Look forward to meeting you!
Shari
Secretary, Temple Kol Ami

Old 07-06-2016, 11:20 AM

31 posts, read 43,567 times
Great! Thanks. We will try to make it in August.

Old 08-18-2016, 10:46 AM

Great, Jonny! Hope to see you soon! Our services are at Unity Presbyterian, 303 Tom Hall Street, Fort Mill, 7 PM. If you would like to be added to our mailing list, please email me at yorksynagogue@gmail.com.

Old 08-20-2016, 09:47 PM

20 posts, read 18,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Templekolami View Post
Hi, Jonnyz,
Please let me know if I can give you any information. We are having a shabbaton weekend Aug 26-28 with a wonderful rabbi, Rabbi Bruce Aft, from the DC area. He has been with us in the past and was very well received. Check out our website later in the summer for more details. All events associated with the shabbaton are always free and open to the public. If you have children that are Hebrew school aged, we are having an open house on Aug 28 from 10-12 at ivybrook academy in fort mill. Look forward to meeting you!
Shari
Secretary, Temple Kol Ami
Hi! I see that this event is open to the public. I'm not Jewish, but would, like to attend. The rabbi talking about Eli Wiesel is of interest specifically, and I think it would be interesting to watch the naming ceremony.
Would it be appropriate for someone like me with little knowledge of Jewish faith to attend?

Old 09-12-2016, 12:48 PM

Hello, Rock Hill Reader,
I am sorry that I did not see your post until now. You would have been more than welcome to attend our shabbaton. Continue to check our website periodically, we will hopefully be having another shabbaton in December with topics of interest to you. You are always welcome to come to our services.

Old 07-11-2019, 08:23 PM

2 posts, read 2,223 times
This thread is old but are you guys still out there? We are relocating to fort mill this week from nyc. Would love to meet a Jewish community...

Old 07-23-2019, 05:17 AM

Default Yes, we are still here, Jakab

Hello, Jakab,

Yes, Temple Kol Ami is still in Fort Mill and continues to thrive! You can check out everything going on at our website www.templekolamisc.org or friend us on FB ( temple kol ami). A couple events coming up that may be of interest to you are 1) August 6, 7 PM- Tzofim Friendship Caravan, a group of Israeli scouts who put on a terrific performance of singling, dancing and stories of Israel. It is FREE and open to the public (located at Philadelphia United Methodist Church, 1691 SC-160, Fort Mill) 2) Shabbaton weekend with Rabbi Bruce Aft, a wonderful rabbi who has visited with us periodically in the past- Aug 23-24

If you would like to be added to our e-mail list, you can sign up at the website or just send it to me here and I will add it. Hope to meet you soon!

Take care and welcome to the Carolinas!
Shari
TKA Secretary

Old 09-12-2019, 08:56 AM

254 posts, read 341,942 times
Hello,

We are Jewish and lean to the conservative side. Our intentions are to on relocate from Boise, ID (originally from NY) to the Dell Web community outside Fort Mill in a couple of years in our retirement years.
Based on my research we will most lily attend this synagogue:

https://www.templeisraelnc.org

Its a 20 mile shlep but agin its a conservative synagogue and appears to have what we are looking for. In addition we would have a Jewish Club in our retirement community.

Best
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties