Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 09:53 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,216,536 times

Advertisements

A little history - I bought this car in 2000 from a local guy in Bristol Virginia, just across the state line from where I live here in Tennessee. It was his fathers, who was a doctor that had bought it new at Crabtree Buick-Pontiac in summer of 1972. He died and I bought the car from his son. I owned it for a couple of years and I had no indoor storage for it, so I thought it would be best to sell it to someone to care for it like it had seen over the years. I advertised it on Traderonline and a man and his family drove up from Rock Hill South Carolina to see it. We took it for a test drive and it did not take long for them to decide they wanted it and drove it back to Rock Hill South Carolina. It was such a nice car. I had some paper work (manuals, etc) to send to him, but I never found it and we lost contact. My emails had changed and I am sure his did as well.

He had bought the car for his son and he was going to repaint it and put on a new vinyl top, etc and was going to send me updates.

It was just an old big 70s car, but the car had sentimental value to me and I was wondering if it was even still around. You know alot can happen to a car in 7-8 years. He could be crashed, sold, crushed, battered, stored in a garage in mint condition, in someones back yard covered up, or even in another state or country, etc. Who knows.

Here are a few photos I took of it in summer of 2001.... (it may have a different vinyl top on it now, or this one may be haggard now, as it was getting tired even in 2001.
(again, its a 1972 Buick Electra 225 Custom 4dr- dark brown with tan interior - and it had the rare fingertip wiper control option and on the left side of the trunk, should have the original dealer plate "Crabtree Buick, Bristol VA".

If you have seen this car, or know its whereabouts, please let me know. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 11:30 PM

417 posts, read 813,728 times
If you happen to still know his name you can go on this site and search by property or vehicle and see if it still listed in his name.

York County Online Taxes

Old 11-11-2008, 11:45 PM

Hi Singe... thanks for the reply and info!

Unfortunately, I do not know his name either. I am thinking his first name is David, but I have no idea about his last name. It may come to me though.

Thanks again!

Old 11-25-2008, 09:21 PM

I had a brain boost... I think his name was Dave Barry. ?? I checked that name though and nothing came up. Oh well. Its not that important anyway. I was just wondering if the car was still around.

Old 11-26-2008, 04:40 PM

49 posts, read 211,050 times
try checking with motor vehicle dept if you have and papers that still might have the VIN on it

Old 02-16-2009, 12:05 AM

Thanks. Well, I thought I remembered the mans name and tried typing it in there, but no avail. Its possible they moved away.

Here is another photo I found that I took of the car in the year 2002 if it helps.

Old 12-22-2011, 02:24 PM

1 posts, read 4,453 times
My dad had this car in black! Oh, the Sunday drives we used to take. Found this page while searching to buy one for myself to honor my dad. Hope you found yours in the years since originally posting.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleshiabliss View Post
My dad had this car in black! Oh, the Sunday drives we used to take. Found this page while searching to buy one for myself to honor my dad. Hope you found yours in the years since originally posting.
Thank you! Well its been over a year since I have posted this and still no luck. Hopefully the car is still around and it was cared for as well as I cared for it.

Hopefully you have found the one you were searching for by now.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:37 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,201,358 times
Those were some of the last big block 455 gas sucking but powerful full size cars made before the gas octane and Hp went down. They were referred to as a "duce and a quarter "Unless someone has put big money into keeping it alive and well there is a good chance the crusher got it.. They made plenty of them and never a big money collectable unless its a rag top . Chances of finding it are very slim but wish you luck Buicks back then were very impressive and the very wealthy loved them.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:46 AM

1 posts, read 2,923 times
I have a balck two door, With 19k original miles. Garage keep if the price is rite it might be for sale make offer Serious offers only [email]lukeholden2008@yahoo.com[/email]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties