Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2008, 09:47 AM

47 posts, read 125,292 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am moving in a couple weeks to a new development called Catawbe Village in Fort Mill. For some reason the builders did not pre-wire for cable. Now when I call Comporium on Monday do I just need to tell them that it is not pre-wired? I hope this doesn't cause too much of a hassle with them and it is easy enough to install. Has anyone else had to do this? Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 11:32 AM

850 posts, read 2,653,060 times
The builder did not wire for cable?????? I'm sure that Comporium will do this, but I can only imagine that it will be expensive... Good Luck!

Old 11-15-2008, 12:05 PM

47 posts, read 125,292 times
Sorry folks, I just looked at some further paperwork and IS pre-wired for cable.

Old 11-15-2008, 08:12 PM

201 posts, read 599,119 times
When we built, we met with the Comporium rep. first. They had a floorplan of our house, and we sat down and told them where we wanted the TV and computer hookups. Our builder included a certain #, and we opted for a few extra. Be aware of whether you will have fiber optic or cable. (Ask them.) Our community has the fiber optic setup, and it is different than regular cable. You will have one jack for a phone and computer together at one outlet, and the TV jack is on a different one. (We were used to TV and computer jack being together because they both ran off of cable.) I had to think about where our furniture, desks, TV, etc. were all going to go ahead of time. They can also install a security system, central vacuum, whole house audio, etc. I think it's much better to have it done during the building phase than afterwards. I wish now we'd gotten one more TV jack and the audio system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties