Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2008, 02:15 PM

305 posts, read 1,809,186 times

Advertisements

My husband and I would like to tell you that we appreciate the warm words of kindness in regard to my husband's service in the military and his subsequent disability.

My husband was medically discharged from the military in 1968. In all that time, never, ever has anyone ever said to him "thank you."

I've had several private and public acknowledgments of his service to his country ... here on the SC forum.

You have no idea how much this means to him. And me.

Everyone who serves their country deserves recognition.

If nothing else sealed the deal about where we were going to settle, the warmth we felt from y'all in SC let us know we made the right choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 10:44 PM

187 posts, read 549,558 times
Speaking as someone who has had at least seven members of his family serve, including my father, who was stationed here in the Palmetto State for a while...my most sincere thanks to both of you for your service. Welcome to our state!

Old 11-25-2008, 01:24 PM

151 posts, read 571,131 times
My 2 uncles were killed on the USS Arizona, my father served during Vietnam, one brother during the later part of Vietnam, and yet another brother and I during Desert Storm (just the recent history mind you). My childhood hero was Audie Murphy, and those older teens in my childhood neighborhood who were leaving for Vietnam at the time. Point is, like minded people such as myself, have always been here for you. Our voices are sometimes lost in the noise, but we're here. I often shake the hands of the young men/women I meet in uniform as I travel on business, and remind them how thankful and proud I am of their service. These are just some of the reasons why I left California for a state more accepting of my families belief system.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:05 PM

305 posts, read 1,809,186 times
Very nicely said. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties