Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 08:57 PM

225 posts, read 690,150 times

Advertisements

I recently received this from some members of our community. Please keep an eye out for the following:

On Friday Nov 21 @ 1:30p-2:30p two houses were Burglarized off Pleasant Road . One in the Ashford on the Lake Subdivision and the other in Beacon Knoll Subdivision. The homeowner was home at Beacon Knoll when the back door got kicked in by the suspects. (3 black males w/ dreadlocks)
One of our patrol units spotted the 3 black males in a beige 4 door car possibly a Honda or Nissan and chased them into Charlotte where they got away.

On Monday Nov 24 between 1:30p-3:00p 2 more houses were Burglarized. One on Abilene Way and the other on Huckleberry Hill in Regent Park . The homeowner came home on Huckleberry Hill as the suspects were exiting her house. (3 Black Males w/ long dreadlocks) They all ran with arm loads of items and got in a dark colored Honda possible accord and sped away.

Please have your residents keep a watchful eye out for each other and these suspects. DO NOT APPROACH THEM! They may be dangerous. Please call 911 immediately if you see them and get as much description about the vehicle and a TAG # if possible.
Thank You for your Help!

Patrick M. Kiefer
District Commander , Fort Mill
York County Sheriff's Office
1675-2A York Highway
York , SC 29745
803-628-3059 Ext. 5101

Today, in the Fort Mill Times, there was another report of a burglary, in the Four Seasons community. This time the burglars got a hold of some firearms and it seems to be the same group of people doing the crimes.
I figured this information could be helpful, in keeping our communities safe and helping the authorities apprehend these perpetrators. It could happen to anyone of us. Take care and be safe!
Here is the full story from the Fort Mill Times.
Fort Mill Times | FortMillTimes.com - Thieves steal vehicle in getaway from Fort Mill burglary - Fort Mill, SC (http://www.fortmilltimes.com/187/story/386224.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 04:40 PM

153 posts, read 474,719 times
FYI - This afternoon (Thursday 12/11) about 2:15, two subjects broke into a home in the Ballantyne area. The homeowner encountered the subjects, and the subjects did fire atleast one gunshot at the homeowner.

According to a broadcast aired by the York County Sheriffs Department to agencies within York County, the subjects may have been involved in previous break-ins in York County. I did not hear any description of the subjects given, but they were reportedly driving a grey Honda Ridgeline, and headed south on Hwy 521 from the Ballantyne area.

( I am NOT in law enforcement, but do monitor some of the York County trunked system talkgroups, as well as their conventional mutual aid channel. The frequency of the mutual aid channel, which is also used for joint fire operations involving York and Lancaster County fire departments, is 155.535 MHz. It can be legally monitored by anyone with a basic scanner. )

Old 12-11-2008, 06:06 PM

119 posts, read 361,358 times
thank you. sadly i do not even answer the door if someone comes in the middle of the day. now if they broke in, i'd have to get my gun!

Old 12-12-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyandmike View Post
thank you. sadly i do not even answer the door if someone comes in the middle of the day. now if they broke in, i'd have to get my gun!
It is sad, but you are absolutely right. You have to protect yourself and your family.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff in Indian Land View Post
FYI - This afternoon (Thursday 12/11) about 2:15, two subjects broke into a home in the Ballantyne area. The homeowner encountered the subjects, and the subjects did fire atleast one gunshot at the homeowner.

According to a broadcast aired by the York County Sheriffs Department to agencies within York County, the subjects may have been involved in previous break-ins in York County. I did not hear any description of the subjects given, but they were reportedly driving a grey Honda Ridgeline, and headed south on Hwy 521 from the Ballantyne area.

( I am NOT in law enforcement, but do monitor some of the York County trunked system talkgroups, as well as their conventional mutual aid channel. The frequency of the mutual aid channel, which is also used for joint fire operations involving York and Lancaster County fire departments, is 155.535 MHz. It can be legally monitored by anyone with a basic scanner. )
Good tactics, always stay informed. Godspeed.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:02 PM

37 posts, read 131,360 times
My hope is that these animals will be caught in SC rather than NC. Apparently NC is a revolving door for criminals, in jail one day, out the next. In SC it appears you do the crime, you do the time. It is only a matter of time before they break into the wrong house, and hopefully all are troubles will be solved. Some people just can't be rehabilitated nor do they want to be. They have an utter disregard for other people or their property. I would have absolutely no problem with these individuals being removed from this earth permanently. As you can tell, I get pretty steamed when I hear about stuff like this.

Just my two cents!!!

Old 12-14-2008, 09:19 PM

1,710 posts, read 5,685,835 times
With the economy going downhill crime is increasing. Here in the Charleston area robberies and burglaries seem to be increasing.

Has anyone heard if there have been any security problems around Winthrop? My daughter will be attending there for the spring semester.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcharlotte View Post
My hope is that these animals will be caught in SC rather than NC. Apparently NC is a revolving door for criminals, in jail one day, out the next. In SC it appears you do the crime, you do the time. It is only a matter of time before they break into the wrong house, and hopefully all are troubles will be solved. Some people just can't be rehabilitated nor do they want to be. They have an utter disregard for other people or their property. I would have absolutely no problem with these individuals being removed from this earth permanently. As you can tell, I get pretty steamed when I hear about stuff like this.

Just my two cents!!!
You are correct, drcharlotte. Let's hope they put an end to their crime spree.

Old 12-16-2008, 03:53 PM

4,272 posts, read 6,306,864 times
We now set our alarm system even when we're home. I've also started carrying my cellphone with me around the house in case I need to dial 911 right away for any reason. Sad that it has come to that point, but hopefully these thieves will be caught soon.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
We now set our alarm system even when we're home. I've also started carrying my cellphone with me around the house in case I need to dial 911 right away for any reason. Sad that it has come to that point, but hopefully these thieves will be caught soon.
It pays to be cautious and this way they won't catch you with your guard down. I know I have become very complacent and on a recent trip to West Houston, I was quickly reminded that you have to stay sharp and think ahead.
As the old saying goes an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties