Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 07:55 PM
ald ald started this thread

59 posts, read 235,738 times

Advertisements

Hello:

I am wondering if anyone that lives in Madison Green can provide some feedback. I've been looking all over Fort Mill and have posted several threads requesting feedback on neighborhoods. Thanks to all that have provided input. Today I visited Madison Green built by KB. The floorplans are great and I like the sub. HOwever, I am concerned about the train. Does this bother anyone? Is anyone concerned that this will reduce their property
value? I've also heard of warranty problems and problems with KB responding to warranty items and punch list items? Has anyone had this problem? Are there other subs in Regent Park that you would suggest? How about Chadwyck by Lennar?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2007, 10:09 AM

425 posts, read 1,570,589 times
Funny you posted this. We are also moving to the arae and like Maddsion Green floor plans even had a deposit down at one point but finally ruled it out because of teh train. I was worried about the freight and what would happen if there were to be an accident. I think we are now going to buy resale or maybe in Plesant Glen - a Lennar homes community. Good luck- I am finding that looking for a home is as frustrating as selling one.

Sorry for all the grammer and spelling errors- new computer and keyboard and no spell check yet.

Last edited by Yac; 03-05-2007 at 06:08 AM..

Old 03-04-2007, 06:21 PM

1,453 posts, read 5,148,740 times
I sold a home in Madison Park to a young couple from NJ last Spring and they loved it. It's a nice community and they (we) had to stay after the builder (KB) but I believe they eventually got all the punch list items taken care of. As for the train, it runs close to several neighborhoods in Fort Mill, Whiteville Park, Walden Park, The Meadows. If there were ever a train wreck with a chemical spill it would most likely effect the whole town, no matter what community you're in. But, I think the likelihood of that happening is less than a lot of other serious environmental concerns.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:57 AM

Thank you all for the information. I've decided to go with another subdivision off of Gold Hill Road. After performing extensive research on builders I decided to stay away from KB and go with Centex.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixinthefamily View Post
Funny you posted this. We are also moving to the arae and like Maddsion Green floor plans even had a deposit down at one point but finally ruled it out because of teh train. I was worried about the freight and what would happen if there were to be an accident. I think we are now going to buy resale or maybe in Plesant Glen - a Lennar homes community. Good luck- I am finding that looking for a home is as frustrating as selling one.
sixinthefamily - I totally agree that finding a home is completely frustrating! I am glad I found a subdivision and home I think I'll be happy with. Good luck to you!

Old 03-05-2007, 07:14 AM

Can you tell me the name of the neighborhood you went with as we still have not made a final choice. I HAVE to pick a house/development the firt week in april and will only be down for three days.

Old 03-05-2007, 07:29 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,211,245 times
Quote:
Can you tell me the name of the neighborhood you went with as we still have not made a final choice. I HAVE to pick a house/development the firt week in april and will only be down for three days.
I could be wrong.. but my guess who "ald" went with is:

Spicewood

Last edited by Yac; 03-06-2007 at 03:52 AM.. Reason: link removed.

Old 03-05-2007, 08:24 AM

Thanks- We looked and they do not have a floor plan that suits are needs/wants. I was hoping something new came along.

Old 03-05-2007, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Thanks- We looked and they do not have a floor plan that suits are needs/wants. I was hoping something new came along.
sorry sixth in the family i missed this post. have you considered a re sale? knightsbridge has some nice homes with a community pool.

Old 03-05-2007, 06:51 PM

Quote:
sixinthefamily - did you check out the reserve on gold hill road? it's a standard pacific community and will be lovely. did you look at the springfield subdivision built by cunnane? omg that subdivision is going to be awesome and cunnane has a great reputation. the homes are charleston style and totally have the wow factor. i would buy their in a minute if it was in my price range. that subdivision will appreciate quickly.

in terms of the centex neighborhood the first time i drove through i was not impresssed. however i decided to look again and i was able to walk thru many of the models in dry wall and a few that were complete and my opinion changed. i also compared this neighborhood to the neighborhoods i recently looked at and realized the centex neighborhood had a lot more to offer. while they do not offer the "wow" factor or the bells and whistles the other builders offer the floorplans are open and spacious and i have the ability to do lots of upgrades after i close not to mention centex although not perfect has a better reputation than some of the builders out there. also the lot i picked is private with a 2500 premium while kb was going to charge a 10k premium for a wooded lot with a train track in the back yard.

don't worry the right home will come along!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties