U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2008, 05:55 AM
CVP CVP started this thread

581 posts, read 1,789,840 times

Advertisements

Does anyone on this board live in Indian Land and have the Charlotte Observer delivered to their home? An employee at the paper told me they don't deliver here. Someone is supposed to call me back to confirm but I was told it may take two days .
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2008, 10:47 AM

153 posts, read 442,384 times
There's a home delivery search engine on the Charlotte Observer website. It indicates no service to the 29707 zip code area.

I live near the intersection of Henry Harris and Shelley Mullis Roads - well within the 29707 zip code. As of this morning, my neighbors are still getting early morning delivery of the Observer.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:47 AM

Thanks for the info. Although I haven't heard back from the Observer yet, a paper was put in my mailbox this morning, so apparently there is delivery here.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:58 PM

825 posts, read 2,688,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVP View Post
Thanks for the info. Although I haven't heard back from the Observer yet, a paper was put in my mailbox this morning, so apparently there is delivery here.
You shouldn't have any problem. I've been here two years in 29707 and have had no problems.

Old 12-31-2008, 07:18 PM

161 posts, read 501,480 times
Most certainly, the Observer is delived anywhere in IL. Downside---you'd be hard-pressed to find any SC or IL news in the Big O.

Old 12-31-2008, 08:10 PM

259 posts, read 752,362 times
If you end up wanting more SC and IL news, try getting The Herald which is a Rock Hill paper which covers York County. I think it also has some Lancaster info in it.

I happen to like getting both papers but be aware that The Herald will have some of the same news stories that are in the Charlotte Observer, but it adds the local stories too.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:05 PM

2,238 posts, read 4,466,390 times
I live in Sun City and they most certainly do deliver down here. The problem is that their website doesn't recognize the 29707 zip code and therefore says it isn't available. It thinks it's somewhere else in the state. I have run into that at several different websites.

Just call the Observer directly and explain where you are and they will get you set up, no problem.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:40 AM

153 posts, read 442,384 times
Hi, Rothbear.

The Observer mailing database is just not being kept up-to-date. The message displayed when one enters "29707" in their subscription search engine is also being displayed if someone enters a zip that the U.S. Post Office has never assigned, such as 29713.

I've run into the same problem when trying to order something online from some retailers.

CVP - My neighbors mentioned that their delivery person was recruiting new subscribers at the Food Lion on Hwy 521 over the Christmas holidays ... in case you stop there for groceries.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff in Indian Land View Post
Hi, Rothbear.

The Observer mailing database is just not being kept up-to-date. The message displayed when one enters "29707" in their subscription search engine is also being displayed if someone enters a zip that the U.S. Post Office has never assigned, such as 29713.

I've run into the same problem when trying to order something online from some retailers.

CVP - My neighbors mentioned that their delivery person was recruiting new subscribers at the Food Lion on Hwy 521 over the Christmas holidays ... in case you stop there for groceries.
Thanks Jeff...and everyone. The paper is arriving daily now. They best get their database and customer service reps updated. In this day and age, I know they need all the business they can get!

Old 01-05-2009, 12:18 PM

825 posts, read 2,688,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVP View Post
Thanks Jeff...and everyone. The paper is arriving daily now. They best get their database and customer service reps updated. In this day and age, I know they need all the business they can get!
True and one would think they would be conscientious of a growing area like Indian Land. A whole new zip code means lots of opportunity for new customers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>