U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 02:36 PM

64 posts, read 243,870 times

Advertisements

I have a job in Rock Hill but currently live in Columbia (yes commute daily), we are looking to move this summer. I just am looking for apartments, rental houses (don't have the money down or good credit to afford to buy a house)

* 1400sq ft or better (my and the family currently live in a 1550 sq ft apartment)

* max rent of $1100 (what I am paying now)
* Has to be in SC (just easier that way)
* anywhere in Rock Hill, Fort Mill and surround area (even looking at Lake Wylie and Clover)
* Pet friendly (we have a cat)
* good schools
* Family friendly (my kid is 8)
* some yard or area close by the play in

Right now my unoffical top 3 apartments (remenber I have yet to look at them)

Galleria Pointe
Legacy at Manchester Village
Forrest Oaks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 10:07 AM

2 posts, read 5,154 times
I would recommend Legacy at ManchesterVillage. My husband and I currently live there but we will be moving very soon since we purchased a home. It is so convenient to everything and it's very quiet. They have 3 bedroom apartments that rent for under $1000/month. I’m not sure if the 3 bedroom is over 1400 sq ft but it may be close. Well good luck with your search!

Old 01-15-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SullivanNJtoSC View Post
I would recommend Legacy at ManchesterVillage. My husband and I currently live there but we will be moving very soon since we purchased a home. It is so convenient to everything and it's very quiet. They have 3 bedroom apartments that rent for under $1000/month. I’m not sure if the 3 bedroom is over 1400 sq ft but it may be close. Well good luck with your search!
According to there website their 3BR is 1303 sq ft. Thanks for the advice

Old 01-15-2009, 02:51 PM

Galleria Pointe has the space, however I have heard alot of negative things about the place off of apartmentratings.com does anyone live there or know someone that can give me the real scoop?

Here is a link to the complex Welcome to Galleria Pointe Townhomes

Old 01-15-2009, 02:54 PM

Only problem with all 3 is the size of 3BR apartments, Forrest Ridge has the largest at 1308 sq ft..

Old 01-15-2009, 11:29 PM

259 posts, read 747,772 times
I don't know anything about apartment living here except that we live near the Legacy at Manchester Village apartments and find the area extremely convenient because of all of the shopping nearby. You would also be near an I77 exit closer to Columbia than anything in Fort Mill. There is also a big town park across the street from the Legacy that your child might enjoy.

As for Palmetto Place in Fort Mill, I have read a lot of not so great comments about it on this forum. Most people seem to be from people who have lived there for brief amounts of time while building.

Hope this helps.

Old 01-17-2009, 12:25 PM

36 posts, read 177,216 times
Default Large apartments

You will be very limited on choices for that size apartment or even a condo.

Galleria Pointe has a 3 BR with 1700 Sq. ft. and is at I-77 exit 79.

They don't have any more problems than the rest of the apartment complexes here do. You just here about it more.

By the way, Forest Ridge Apartments in Fort Mill are low income. They have maximum income limits.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemycats View Post

They don't have any more problems than the rest of the apartment complexes here do. You just here about it more.

By the way, Forest Ridge Apartments in Fort Mill are low income. They have maximum income limits.
Yes if I had the down payment and a good credit score I would be buying a house, however I don't. If we can't find a apartment we will probably look at renting a house or stay where we are.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemycats View Post

Why do you think you would hear about the issues at Galleria more than other apartments?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties