Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 04:43 PM

478 posts, read 2,047,314 times

Advertisements

Crikey, this H.I.M. tower should be demolished as agreed! Too bad MorningStar/ministry is fighting to keep it up. It is abhorrent.

Thank you for the photos, much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2007, 06:08 PM

4,272 posts, read 6,312,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
Uh...while I stand by the things that I have stated in the past...I no longer wish to get involved/comment on this subject matter/or whatever you want to call it...I'm staying out of this one.
*lol* No worries.

Old 03-17-2007, 06:37 AM

73 posts, read 438,135 times
Thank you so much for this great advice!!! This could be the best forum in the nation. I mean everything from moving companies to diversity issues. Its great. Well as much as I love the home that is listed for $519,000, and its a spectacular home on the golf course with many bells and whistles, I need to pass. Think I will stick with Northstone, Palasades (if I can get a all brick 3500 sft home) and other areas with a full restaurant and other amenities on site. I am getting nervous just thinking about Regent Park. What a shame!!!!

Old 03-20-2007, 09:04 AM

56 posts, read 65,550 times
Homes that start at $220K with a view! You got to love those pictures. Like they say a picture is worth a million bucks, except in this case I guess it is discounted.

Old 05-19-2007, 04:45 PM

295 posts, read 1,062,786 times
Does anyone think their is hope for the Regent Park area with John Wieland's village project in the area? I have a choice between Fort Mill or Steele Creek with KB Homes. I don't know which location is a better investment. I know the schools and tax's are better in Fort Mill but Steele Creek looks like things are on the up. ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE GREAT...

Old 05-29-2007, 10:27 AM

46 posts, read 209,403 times
Well, just a few corrections.

Regent Park has no affiliation with PTL - even when you drive in the neighborhood, there's a clear distinction from where Regent Park ends and Morningstar begins (the railroad tracks).

So any of the new development that is going on "across the tracks" is not RP - it's a new n'hood called Emerald Lakes.

I may be biased because I'm on my 2nd home in RP. But I love it there - I'm in NO WAY affiliated with any of the ministries that are next to the n'hood.

Yes, that big building is an eyesore and the neighbors are fighting to tear it down.

The golf course is under new ownership and is looking fantastic these days. It is one of the best in the area - has won tons of awards ...
Regent Park Golf Club

Anyway, there are some issues with the neighborhood, but I think that's true of any n'hood.

Now, being realistic, would I have picked RP over, say, Ballantyne Country Club? Probably not, but given my parameters - an all-brick home with bells and whistles (granite, hardwoods, lots of upgrades) in Fort Mill with a less than 30 minute commute time to uptown Charlotte for under $350k, there's nowhere better! And believe me, we looked at every n'hood in Fort Mill before deciding to stay close to home!

Old 05-29-2007, 10:28 AM

46 posts, read 209,403 times
And if you'd like an honest answer on what the real problems are, I'd be happy to answer questions!

Old 05-29-2007, 10:47 AM

249 posts, read 875,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Mags View Post
Does anyone think their is hope for the Regent Park area with John Wieland's village project in the area? I have a choice between Fort Mill or Steele Creek with KB Homes. I don't know which location is a better investment. I know the schools and tax's are better in Fort Mill but Steele Creek looks like things are on the up. ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE GREAT...

We looked at the kb homes in regent park before buying at berewick. imo there are just too many weird things about the RP area. There are parts if you go to the back down the main road that are just weird... and whats up with that castle?

Add in the train tracks that run right behind the kb homes there... I couldnt believe how close they are to the back yards. The sales rep said you couldnt hear it but I dont buy it for a minute. You can literally throw a rock and hit the tracks from some of the back yards.

That said, taxes and schools are better in ft mill... I just wouldnt look in RP. Personally, I would look in tega cay its got the golf course, lake and its just beautiful.

Old 05-29-2007, 10:55 AM

295 posts, read 1,062,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Charlotte View Post
We looked at the kb homes in regent park before buying at berewick. imo there are just too many weird things about the RP area. There are parts if you go to the back down the main road that are just weird... and whats up with that castle?

Add in the train tracks that run right behind the kb homes there... I couldnt believe how close they are to the back yards. The sales rep said you couldnt hear it but I dont buy it for a minute. You can literally throw a rock and hit the tracks from some of the back yards.

That said, taxes and schools are better in ft mill... I just wouldnt look in RP. Personally, I would look in tega cay its got the golf course, lake and its just beautiful.
SO you are saying if they get rid of the castle and a few other things you would have bought you house there?

I heard that Wal-Mart puchased some land off of Flint Hill road? Does anyone know of future plans for the Regent Park/Flea market area?

Old 05-29-2007, 11:03 AM

297 posts, read 1,142,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Charlotte View Post

Regent park is a really strange mix of projects. The latest fad there appears to be the influx of ministries . Current there are a couple and I have heard of another one moving to the area. Throw in the old park remnants, the hotel and the new latino themed mall next to Carowinds and there are just too many variables as to what the property values will do. Personally, I would stay away from the area and the golf course there are much better opportunities out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties