Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 10:21 AM

73 posts, read 437,724 times

Advertisements

Is it nice? Is it worth $500,000 for a home? Whats the deal with the golf course? Do they have a great clubhouse with restaurant, etc.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2007, 02:14 PM

297 posts, read 1,141,290 times
Regent park is part of the old PTL club grounds. I am sure you remember Jim and Tammy Faye Baker. The grounds have been in a state of disrepair for years except for the golf course. In the past 10 years this area has slowly been developed but has always and still does house some questionable people in the apartments and campgrounds near the park pond. The park itself has recently been dismantled with contractor toting off souvenirs on flat bed trucks. The hotel was never finished for years the balcony doors and window were open with curtains blowing. You could drive down into the place but it was spooky as hell.

Old 03-16-2007, 02:19 PM

The development of this area is not well thought out. The idea of $$250K and up homes next to a mobile park, an open pond sewage complex, a hotel that looks like something from Bosnia and a semi deserted park-campground-industrial complex is less then ideal. As far as golf, it use to be ok but definitely not the best course around. Would I buy, there well thats up to you see the pictures below ( hotel and trailer park). Personally I could stand the eye sores and the questionable people.

Old 03-16-2007, 02:24 PM

4,270 posts, read 6,295,089 times
...having said all that. *lol*

The houses seem nice although that might be a pricey resale value for my taste given that the houses aren't THAT big compared to other neighborhoods in Fort Mill. I'm presuming that's a resale, not new construction (I know they are doing some new townhouses over there, but not sure if they are putting up new houses as well).

I believe the golf course was sold just a few weeks ago with the idea of sprucing it up a bit and resolving some financial issues that the HOA had (correct me if I have that wrong, lovesthecarolinas). I also remember reading that there are developers looking into the hotel to try and do something with that as well.

With the course being public, it may not be worth it to buy into the neighborhood just to play golf there.

Do a search on this forum for Regent Park - I think we had a brief discussion about them recently although you'd have to search for the thread.

Old 03-16-2007, 02:53 PM

I was there a few days ago, some customers from out of the area wanted to go over there and see the PTL remnants. I hate that. Its funny how with people (execs mostly in our business) like to go over there for a laugh. Like I said the place creeps me out. Actually, there are several developments going in over there. I had to scratch my head when I saw how it has changed. I don't think its much of an improvement with the new layout. I would not want to have to drive past that hotel on my way home to my $200K and up home.

Old 03-16-2007, 03:12 PM

3,365 posts, read 10,021,674 times
Ok what does PTL stand for?

Old 03-16-2007, 03:28 PM

If you live in Charlotte you should know this. Its funny how many times in the past I have heard upon introductions "isn't Charlotte where the PLT club was"

The PTL Club
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

PTL (standing for "Praise The Lord" and "People That Love") was a conservative religious group and TV network. Formed in Charlotte, North Carolina and later moved to Fort Mill, South Carolina, a Charlotte suburb, the PTL Club was a very successful televangelistic group throughout much of the 1970s and 1980s.
Moderator cut: Provide a link instead of copying everything here, please

Last edited by Marka; 12-07-2007 at 12:00 PM..

Old 03-16-2007, 03:30 PM

Heritage USA
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Heritage USA is the now defunct 2,300 acre (9 km²) Christian theme park/water park/residential complex built in Fort Mill, South Carolina, USA, by "PTL Club" founders televangelist Jim Bakker and Tammy Faye Bakker.
Moderator cut: Provide a link instead of copying everything here, please

Last edited by Marka; 12-07-2007 at 12:00 PM..

Old 03-16-2007, 03:34 PM

3,365 posts, read 10,021,674 times
Thank you for the information, I had often wondered what that had been.

Old 03-16-2007, 04:27 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,211,245 times
Uh...while I stand by the things that I have stated in the past...I no longer wish to get involved/comment on this subject matter/or whatever you want to call it...I'm staying out of this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
...having said all that. *lol*

The houses seem nice although that might be a pricey resale value for my taste given that the houses aren't THAT big compared to other neighborhoods in Fort Mill. I'm presuming that's a resale, not new construction (I know they are doing some new townhouses over there, but not sure if they are putting up new houses as well).

I believe the golf course was sold just a few weeks ago with the idea of sprucing it up a bit and resolving some financial issues that the HOA had (correct me if I have that wrong, lovesthecarolinas). I also remember reading that there are developers looking into the hotel to try and do something with that as well.

With the course being public, it may not be worth it to buy into the neighborhood just to play golf there.

Do a search on this forum for Regent Park - I think we had a brief discussion about them recently although you'd have to search for the thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties