Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2007, 11:58 AM

13 posts, read 30,421 times

Advertisements

My family and I are SERIOUSLY contemplating on moving to this particular area this June. I have a 14 yr old son, 11 yr old daughter and a 5 yr old son. We found a house to rent for a year on Sanders St. Ft. Mill. I talked to the realty company that is handling the property and told me that the street was "pretty rural and fair" Can someone who KNOWS this street/area please give me some insight on this. How is the crime rate? Ethnicity? Are there alot of children? Its hard enough for a 14 yr old to start high school, but to start with NO friends is worse. I am looking for other children my kids ages to become acquainted with before school starts. So they don't feel so "alone" on that first day.

I am also looking for SAFE neighborhoods.

thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2007, 12:30 PM

1,453 posts, read 5,149,534 times
Let me put it this way...the average price of a home in Fort Mill currently is about $200,000. There are two homes on the market right now on Sanders Street, one is $67,000 the other $23,900. If you'll send me your e-mail address I'll send you the mls sheets with pictures. I think your Realtor could be more specific with you.

Old 03-19-2007, 12:55 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,212,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn1972 View Post
My family and I are SERIOUSLY contemplating on moving to this particular area this June. I have a 14 yr old son, 11 yr old daughter and a 5 yr old son. We found a house to rent for a year on Sanders St. Ft. Mill. I talked to the realty company that is handling the property and told me that the street was "pretty rural and fair" Can someone who KNOWS this street/area please give me some insight on this. How is the crime rate? Ethnicity? Are there alot of children? Its hard enough for a 14 yr old to start high school, but to start with NO friends is worse. I am looking for other children my kids ages to become acquainted with before school starts. So they don't feel so "alone" on that first day.

I am also looking for SAFE neighborhoods.

thanks everyone!

Okay and I will put it another way There are not to many spots in Fort Mill that you even need to concern yourself in regard to safety...yet the realtor told you this area was "fair"??? I say Run Don't Walk from this rental! I am not a realtor but happen to live in the area...if you have a desired amount that you are looking to pay...I or someone else could surely help, or point you in the right direction of a better rental location.

Old 03-19-2007, 01:01 PM

13 posts, read 30,421 times
thank you lovethecarolinas! I am going home today to show my husband these replies. We were going to take a trip there in the next week or two to look at it up close and in person. Its hard to tell what the property looks like from the pics on the net.
If you have any other suggested rental homes, I am all ears...just PM me. Thanks!

Old 03-19-2007, 06:51 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,212,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn1972 View Post
thank you lovethecarolinas! I am going home today to show my husband these replies. We were going to take a trip there in the next week or two to look at it up close and in person. Its hard to tell what the property looks like from the pics on the net.
If you have any other suggested rental homes, I am all ears...just PM me. Thanks!
Well, I had some errands to run today and went by the rental on Sanders. Not that I needed any confirmation of what I wrote earlier...but I do not think this would be a very good introduction into the area for you and your family.

In addition..while I hate telling you this....I am afraid you are going to be very hard pressed to find something else in that price range in the Fort Mill area (as the home on Sanders).

Sorry I could not be of more help.

http://www.rentalhouses.com/search_results.php?state=SC&city=Fort%20Mill&searc hnew=1&step=last (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties