Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2009, 05:52 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,548,608 times

Advertisements

We have just about gotten our house ready for market but would really like to try for 1-2 months to sell it ourselves because we believe it should sell fairly quickly.

Any tips on best ways to market the house in the Fort Mill Market? We figured if we could get something halfway between what we would get if a realtor sold it and what it would sell for if sold by a realtor would be a win win for both parties.

We have moved a few hours away and are not living in the house now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 11:09 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,798,569 times
Are you able to run down at the drop of a hat to show the house? Or are you willing to buy a lockbox so others can show it? Whose attornewy will you use? Who will keep on eye on the inside to make sure nothing is damaged?

I'd never try to sell my own house as I don't have the patience but I know some people do. Good luck!

Old 04-21-2009, 08:24 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,166,379 times
Aside from the logistics the previous poster mentioned, you will need exposure in this market, particularly online as that's where the large majority of people search for a home. It's can be tough to sell by owner, especially if you are not there. And also be aware that when potential buyers see a FSBO they will automatically reduce their offer by the commission amount.

Old 04-22-2009, 06:45 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,548,608 times
My husband can run back and forth so that is not an issue. I was just looking for the best places and techniques people have found to actively "market" their home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties