Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2009, 01:38 PM
MOC MOC started this thread

57 posts, read 190,867 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a landscaper that is good and reasonably priced? I need some designing and planting done in my yard. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 07:56 AM

9 posts, read 34,153 times
I recommend Hamptonscape. They did a fantastic job fixing up my yard before resale. (Sold in 5 days - I'm not saying it was all them, but a good yard sure goes a loonnnng way!)

Ask for Benjamin
(704) 540-9890

Old 02-23-2009, 11:22 AM

12 posts, read 33,131 times
Reitzel Brothers in Charlotte, NC

Old 02-27-2009, 08:30 PM

259 posts, read 797,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOC View Post
Can anyone recommend a landscaper that is good and reasonably priced? I need some designing and planting done in my yard. Thanks.
I would like to HIGHLY recommend Prestige Landscaping. They are a group of brothers who are fabulous workers, are very knowledgeable and are a pleasure to have work around your house. They recently completed landscaping our new home, including wonderful stone walls.

Contact Drew Myers at 864-980-7056. His cell is long distance but he is local. He came up with a wonderful plan for our property and helped us pick plants at a local nursery.

We have watched this group landscape two other homes in our neighborhood and think they do great work. They also dig foundations, basements, and do all kinds of earth moving.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:42 AM

146 posts, read 572,382 times
JV Vacher, Green Acres, 704-634-8470; he's attended to our yard for 3 years and installed a paver patio for us. do additional landscaping too, we hust haven't needed him to do that.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:38 AM

393 posts, read 1,187,589 times
If you don't mind doing the planting yourself, and want to save a ton of $$, go to Stowe's Nursery on Union Rd in Gastonia.

Awesome selection, really nice staff, excellent prices. They will do a design for free, just take some pictures. If you're not sure on how to plant the plants, ask...they are very good.

I was going to have my yard landscaped and got some quotes. The quotes were for your basic holly's and what I call "builder plants" (cheap looking evergreen shrubs) and a basic bed. Instead, went to Stowe's and theey did an awesome design for the bed. Ended up getting azalea's, camellias, and a few crepe myrtles. Now we have the best landscape in the neighborhood. Oh, and doing it ourself saved me $500 and took two days to do.

I'm doing my backyard now...couple of tea olives and four or five indian hawthornes...

Old 03-09-2009, 02:34 PM

196 posts, read 619,434 times
Stowe's ?? I drive by there often, just love their house up there on the hill!

I swore they had a sign that said wholesale only ? When I see wholesale only I think commercial account. If that's not the case I may just stop by, we have a large property to landscape and could use some free design work. They would probably get it out of us anyway with the number of plants necessary.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:18 PM

393 posts, read 1,187,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLRich View Post
Stowe's ?? I drive by there often, just love their house up there on the hill!

I swore they had a sign that said wholesale only ? When I see wholesale only I think commercial account. If that's not the case I may just stop by, we have a large property to landscape and could use some free design work. They would probably get it out of us anyway with the number of plants necessary.
Nope, they are open to everyone...and have a great selection and they are all about service.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:04 AM

714 posts, read 2,305,892 times
Thumbs up Best Landscaper Evah! :-)

I don't know how much you're looking to do, but I highly recommend Kevin James Landscaping.

I mean seriously recommend.... cannot say enough good things about the man or his business. We used him to completely redo our back yard last fall, and he and his team did a phenomenal job.

We had tried doing our own landscaping and planting in the past, but our yard was too big to keep up. His team set up a huge french drain system throughout our yard, which we needed because we get so much groundwater.

They built us a patio and custom firepit. They ripped out every inch of grass we had, then tilled and seeded it. His team then proceeded to completely clear out and reseed the grass on our front lawn too! Without charging us extra for it! And to top it all off, when I came home on the day they finished, I found they had built a small flower bed around our mailbox and filled it with pansies.

(Of course they might not be the landscaper for you if you're not into random acts of landscaping kindness. )

I haven't taken any "after" photos of our landscaping yet, but here is what we started with and you can see the sheer scale of his work:

BEFORE AND DURING PHOTOS

Here's a shot of my husband, taken during one of our first fires in the firepit. It doesn't do the landscaping justice because nothing's in bloom yet, and we don't even have patio furniture!

Kevin's so easy to deal with. I had some questions before we signed the contract, and he called me and talked to me, taking all the time I needed to make sure I was comfortable with what he was doing. My husband calls him every so often with a question here or there, and he's happy to answer them. We even got two free passes to the Home Show in Charlotte this past weekend from him! We went to the Home Show to see his display, and he showed us the photos he's put in his portfolio from our yard. He even pointed us in the direction of a wonderful outdoor furniture company where we went the next day to buy furniture.

Kevin and his team absolutely exemplify service. I am serious when I say he's got to be the best person I have ever worked with since I became a homeowner, bar none. I keep wanting to post a review about him to Angie's List, but I want to wait until our landscape is in bloom!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties