Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2009, 08:59 PM

20 posts, read 64,353 times

Advertisements

Any one have any insight to offer on the White Oak Manor nursing home near the hospital? Not fishing for forum trolls, just wondering if anyone has had any parents/grandparents stay with them and how they liked the facility and staff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 02:30 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,962,389 times
My mother-in-law was there ... she was in a residential care facility until the time came when she didn't know who we were nor even who she was. Hubby moved her to White Oak Manor. She eventually ended up bedridden. They took good care of her and we had no problems with the facility.

A week after she died, they called my husband to stop by and pick up her personal things and settle her account. To our surprise they gave my husband a check for over $500.00 which was money we had given them when she first arrived there for miscellaneous & personal things she might need.

We tried to keep her in our home but she would wander off and try to cook and about burned the house down. But I can say White Oak Manor took care of her, even bedridden they gave her a bath every day and kept her clean. No bedsores as often happens when one is confined to a bed. They called and kept us updated if anything happened (like when she couldn't get out of bed anymore.) This was in 2001 and I assume they are still under the same ownership and management.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties