U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 10:20 AM

31 posts, read 89,088 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are looking at the Charlotte area for relocation and some freinds sugessted that we look at Carolina Lakes in Ft. Mills by Del Webb. Can anyone help us out with information regarding gthe Ft. Mills area and with the reputation of the Del Webb delvelopment there. Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2007, 02:16 PM

2,536 posts, read 8,819,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy RTW View Post
My wife and I are looking at the Charlotte area for relocation and some freinds sugessted that we look at Carolina Lakes in Ft. Mills by Del Webb. Can anyone help us out with information regarding gthe Ft. Mills area and with the reputation of the Del Webb delvelopment there. Thanks.
Hey there Easy RTW - I happen to live in Tega Cay, SC (www.tegacaysc.org) (broken link), which is in the Fort Mill area. Carolina Lakes in actually located in Indian Land/Lancaster County/SC. This area is rapidly growing (it was not that long ago that it was considered out in the boonies). From what I have seen from other Del Webb locations around the country..it will not stay rural for long.

There is a poster on this site that you may wish to speak with (who has family that just purchased a home there)

south.charlotte&union

Best of luck to you!

Old 03-21-2007, 04:22 PM

1,895 posts, read 5,879,753 times
Yes, my parents just moved into their new home last week. So far they LOVE it...(and I selfishly love it too since they live VERY close to me now )

The community is beautiful, and really fits my parents lifestyle. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions

Old 04-23-2007, 01:02 PM

19 posts, read 65,851 times
Smile Del Webb Carolina Lakes

My husband and I live in upstate NY and have it with snow! We are 58 and active and can't believe we're considering an active adult community but we are. I came across Carolina Lakes in Ft. Mill and is sure doesn't seem like Mayberry. I also like the closeness to Charlotte and the airport.

Any info that you can share will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Old 04-25-2007, 03:27 PM

11 posts, read 44,739 times
Default Deb Webb Carolina Lakes

We finally purchased a house in that community that will be ready sometimes in the spring of 2008. We are very excited about moving there. Del Webb has an excellent reputation and the people we met there are all wonderful! We are pleased by all the activities they are going to have. At the matter of fact, we are going to go back sometimes at the beginning of June for their grand opening of their new recreation Center. Moderator cut: commercial real estate link. Best of Luck Annemarie

Old 04-25-2007, 04:23 PM

163 posts, read 562,147 times
I am moving to Fort Mill SC nxt week. Where is Del Webb located??

Old 04-25-2007, 08:20 PM

2,536 posts, read 8,819,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
I am moving to Fort Mill SC nxt week. Where is Del Webb located??

The Del Webb development is actually located in the Indian Land, SC area (as they share a zip code with Fort Mill) and within Lancaster County (off 521).

Old 04-26-2007, 07:04 AM

245 posts, read 974,668 times
You can't miss Sun City, it is huge. Indian Land has changed so much just within the past year it is unbelieveable.

Just an FYI, Wal-Mart has finally announced that they are building a Super Center in Indian Land. Scheduled to begin construction this summer.

Old 10-05-2007, 07:18 AM

4 posts, read 14,615 times
My husband and I are going to visit Sun City next week. Do your parents still like it? Any drawbacks? Would really appreciate a heads up if there's something we should know ahead of time. Thanks so much!

Old 09-02-2008, 11:21 AM

3 posts, read 13,184 times
Exclamation Not so fast kimosabe

Before you folks go off half cocked, ready to spend you money, I strongly suggest that you do a google search for Pulte homes. Pulte acquired the Del Webb and Divosta tradenames back in 2001 and are the actual builders of Carolina Lakes.

I live in Sun City, Hilton Head and can advise you that Pulte is not all that it is cracked up to be. There are numous legal proceedings against this building in South Carolina, Nevada, Arizona, California.... etc., all claiming shoddy workmanship. Here in Sun City there are legal proceedings over roof trusses that were improperly installed (no hurricane clips on 2000+ houses), stucco problems (same in many of the states), cracked foundations, generally poor construction.

Sun City is a wonderful concept that Del Webb had. But, as they say, Del Webb built communities, Pulte builds (or tries to build) houses. They are not one and the same.

take a look at Poorly Built by Pulte: A Place for Owners of Poorly Built Pulte Homes

You certainly can buy and be happy in Sun City, but at least know what you are getting into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties