Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 12:45 PM

4 posts, read 5,957 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are currently living in Belmont, NC. We are looking to purchase our first home. We are very interested in the Fort Mill/Tega Cay (FM/TC) area. My husband works by the Charlotte airport. I work in Gastonia. We would like to buy a 4+ BR, 2+ bath home for under 300k. We're starting a family soon, and we would like a family-friendly area with a strong school system. We've checked out a few subdivisions including Regent Park, Whitegrove, Lake Shore, and Walden Park. Any recs/feedback on these developments or any other suggested subdivisions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 01:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,448 times
We had a really good realtor, Sabine.Here's her site: http://www.tegacayrealestate.com/She (broken link) lives in Tega Cay and even invited us to spend the night at her house when we had to come and sign for the closing!She is really nice and knows the area.I would say Lakeshore is the best development in Tega Cay but there are lots of others

Old 03-16-2009, 08:23 AM

4 posts, read 5,957 times
Thanks for your rec. Did you consider both Tega Cay and Ft Mill? If so, what made you decide to buy in Tega Cay? What are the major differences in living in one vs the other?

Old 03-17-2009, 03:20 PM

193 posts, read 634,391 times
Carmen Miller is great!

Fort Mill Real Estate, Tega Cay Real Estate, Homes for Sale by Realtor Carmen Miller

Old 03-17-2009, 06:15 PM

425 posts, read 1,572,428 times
I live in and love WHitegrove if you have any questions about our neighborhood I would be happy to answer them. I know of at least one house I think would be perfect for you. I know there are several.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:57 AM

96 posts, read 219,824 times
We checked out all those areas last year.

We decided to stay near I-77 (thus removing Whitegrove from contention) so that our commutes weren't too bad (husband to Columbia, me to north charlotte).

Our favorites were Knightsbridge (all families, much smaller than Tega Cay) & Tega Cay (would have added 10-15 min to our drive). We ended up just waiting to find "the" house and that was the subdivision we selected. We were find with KB or Tega Cay.

I liked some areas of Regent Park, but not the ones in the northern section (names are blanking on me).

Also I know Spicewood is very family friendly (not as many trees as KB & Tega Cay). We couldn't find a house location we liked there.

Happy hunting!

Old 03-18-2009, 11:39 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,900,074 times
Tega Cay is a mature area with lots of big trees. It's also in the Ft. Mill school district, with very highly rated schools. Getting out does add to the travel time, but I think it would be worth it. I dreove around a lot last year b/c I was planning a move, but that's off now (long other story). B/c They were vacation homes, many of the older ones are smaller than you want but they are also pretty cheap, considering the lcation.

Old 03-19-2009, 02:48 PM

35 posts, read 113,709 times
Is it not true that Tega Cay has terrible water? Don't they have a lot of restrictions on what you can do on your lot? I heard you can't cut down trees without permission from city council. I know they have their own Mayor separate from Fort Mill. What about their city taxes?

Old 03-19-2009, 03:20 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,900,074 times
The city probies removing trees with a trunk diameter greater than 4? inches w/o a permit. Don't know about the other stuff.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:01 PM

139 posts, read 360,675 times
WOW it's been forever since I've been on this site!

We had similar concerns when we were moving to the area. Overall, we found Tega Cay to be a little more pricey, especially if you're looking under $300K for a 4 bedroom home. When considering Fort Mill, there are two zip codes (that I know of). 29708 is smack up against Tega Cay, hence sharing the zip code. 29715 is on the other end of town, further away from 77.

We didn't have much time to look at homes and pick out the one we wanted (3 days!), but we did a ton of research online. After looking in every newer community in 29708 Fort Mill, we landed in Waterstone, and are very very glad we did. The neighbors are incredibly friendly, we have a nice community pool, and it's very convenient to the highway, and as an added bonus you can walk to Bruesters Ice Cream

I also like The Reserve, a new development by Standard Pacific, but the newness of it all does not appeal to me after moving from Phoenix - but the floorplans look great (don't go without your Realtor, they can't represent you if you have visited the models without them). Knightsbridge looked awesome, and if they had a home that we liked at the time, I would have liked it better, the trees are more mature and there was less clear-cutting.

ANOTHER Realtor plug (doesn't hurt to interview more than one to make sure it's a good fit!): Michelle Daniels, REMAX Executive Realty. She was super caring, a diligent researcher, and she lives in Fort Mill and does the majority of her business right in town.

I don't check this forum often, so send me a PM and that will ding my email and I'll get back to you if you have any q's. I think you'll get all the help you need and then some! Good luck! And you will LOVE Fort Mill, it's a great town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties