U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2009, 06:39 PM

2 posts, read 5,065 times

Advertisements

My family is relocating to the Fort Mill area - can anyone recommend a quality home builder that will build on a lot we purchased? We will be building under 2,500sf. Thanks for any help!!

Last edited by movnaround; 03-15-2009 at 06:52 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 06:50 PM

5 posts, read 9,598 times
Standard Pacific Homes is our builder and has done a great job- Check out the Reserve at Gold Hill and Whitley Mills off Whitley Rd. (Pleasant Rd.).

Old 03-16-2009, 08:52 AM

9 posts, read 31,582 times
I highly recommend David Weekley Homes. They built our home in Baxter Village (they also build on your own lot too). Send me a private message if you want contact information.

Old 03-16-2009, 05:50 PM

259 posts, read 740,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movnaround View Post
My family is relocating to the Fort Mill area - can anyone recommend a quality home builder that will build on a lot we purchased? We will be building under 2,500sf. Thanks for any help!!
I would definitely like to recommend Bo Ziegler at Sloan Adams Custom Homes. His office is located in Rock Hill but he will build on your lot anywhere in the area. He also owns lots in some developments.

We did a lot of looking before we settled on building with him. He builds an excellent home and was very willing to build a home that we wanted not just us having to pick from certain plans. We picked our own plans from the internet and he renovated them to our needs.

His office number is (803) 324-8544. I have his cell phone but I am not sure he would want that out here in public! Feel free to PM me if you want more specific information. I think his website is SloanAdamsHomes.com.

Welcome to the area. It is a really nice place to live.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:10 AM

269 posts, read 1,009,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunew View Post
I highly recommend David Weekley Homes. They built our home in Baxter Village (they also build on your own lot too). Send me a private message if you want contact information.
I second that emotion - great homebuilder, and even better now that they're building on your land as well as in communities.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:15 AM

2 posts, read 5,065 times
Thanks to all for these posts. We will take a look and see what we can find. We have a meeting with another recommended builder - Knotts Development. The initial emails back and forth have not been promising and I read another post from '07 about their joint development with CP Morgan, that pissed off a lot of people in a "small SC town near Charlotte."
I have to say, I will need to try real hard to go in to this meeting with open eyes. Has anyone ever dealt with this company or heard anything about them?
Thanks again! We cannot wait to join this community!

Old 03-29-2009, 06:51 PM

4,083 posts, read 5,444,905 times
I saw a great home that was built by Thoroughbred Construction (I think they are based in Fort Mill). the home was in Indian Land and was LOVELY.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:14 AM

3 posts, read 6,185 times
If you have not already found a reputable builder, I recommend Joshua Group. They are a Christian based company located in Fort Mill. Their services include New Construction, Home Additions, etc. If interested, their number is 803.802.1840. Check them out!

Old 04-28-2009, 11:19 AM

166 posts, read 296,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scamutz View Post
I second that emotion - great homebuilder, and even better now that they're building on your land as well as in communities.

I would also concur with that. We'd thought we'd never buy new construction but ended up making on offer on a DW spec home in Baxter. They have been great to work with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties