U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2006, 11:01 AM

191 posts, read 971,097 times

Advertisements

Thinking about that area - can anyone give me any FYI's about Tega Cay? Good, bad or other? thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2006, 02:08 PM

2,536 posts, read 8,803,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaPGH
Thinking about that area - can anyone give me any FYI's about Tega Cay? Good, bad or other? thanks!

Hey DonnaPGH: Well, you mentioned that you were here back in 1990 in another post...you might be amazed by the amount of growth that has taken place since that time. Tega Cay was once considered to be out in the boonies...that is not the case any longer. The fingers of Charlotte have stretched out quite a bit now...while Fort Mill township has greeted her at the stateline as well. Also Gold Hill Rd that leads into Tega Cay was once a 2 lane road that has now become a 4 lane road (although it does go back down to 2 when you enter Tega Cay). There is a some-what new development called Lakeshore (which...once completed I've been told will double Tega Cay's original popluation of 4,000). I personally do not live in Lakeshore but many of my friends do. In regard to affordable homes (located in Tega Cay)......you can still find resell homes starting in the low to mid $100,000 range and on up, up, up, up (this all depends on home size, waterfront, waterview, etc.)....there are new ranch homes and townhouses that are being built (called Calloway in Lakeshore by Standard Pacific) that start at $170/180,000. If you are looking for new within Lakeshore I believe the low is apx. $270,000 and on up (again size of home, location, etc).

For us...we have no bads..when in comes to Tega Cay...it fits our family perfectly (lake surrounds us, Fort Mill schools, many outdoor activities (tennis, walking trails, golf, swimming), parades, concerts, etc.) and we are very safe (just don't travel over 35mph or you will get a ticket).

But from what others may not like about Tega Cay...looking for homes that cost less, lots on average are 1/2 acre or less, nuclear plant off of Lake Wylie (Clover), our terrain is described as rugged (not a lot of flat lots), property taxes are more than Union County in Charlotte, NC (as the influx of transplants coming in though...that will change).

That's about all I can come up with now but if you have any other questions feel free to ask away.

P.S. if you or anyone else out there happen to be in the area this Saturday (July 1st) we have a free outdoor concert, starting at 7:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. There will be activities for children (that will benefit a local charity), food and drink as well. A free tram can be caught at Turner Field in Tega Cay and it will transport you to the concert (return trip after concert is also included)....Come on by!

Old 06-27-2006, 06:02 PM

191 posts, read 971,097 times
lovethecarolinas - thanks so much for that info. I liked it back in the 90's and i'm sure I'll like it now. Have to go there and see how its grown. Can't wait!
thanks!

Old 06-27-2006, 08:20 PM

212 posts, read 886,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas
Hey DonnaPGH: Well, you mentioned that you were here back in 1990 in another post...you might be amazed by the amount of growth that has taken place since that time. Tega Cay was once considered to be out in the boonies...that is not the case any longer. The fingers of Charlotte have stretched out quite a bit now...while Fort Mill township has greeted her at the stateline as well. Also Gold Hill Rd that leads into Tega Cay was once a 2 lane road that has now become a 4 lane road (although it does go back down to 2 when you enter Tega Cay). There is a some-what new development called Lakeshore (which...once completed I've been told will double Tega Cay's original popluation of 4,000). I personally do not live in Lakeshore but many of my friends do. In regard to affordable homes (located in Tega Cay)......you can still find resell homes starting in the low to mid $100,000 range and on up, up, up, up (this all depends on home size, waterfront, waterview, etc.)....there are new ranch homes and townhouses that are being built (called Calloway in Lakeshore by Standard Pacific) that start at $170/180,000. If you are looking for new within Lakeshore I believe the low is apx. $270,000 and on up (again size of home, location, etc).

For us...we have no bads..when in comes to Tega Cay...it fits our family perfectly (lake surrounds us, Fort Mill schools, many outdoor activities (tennis, walking trails, golf, swimming), parades, concerts, etc.) and we are very safe (just don't travel over 35mph or you will get a ticket).

But from what others may not like about Tega Cay...looking for homes that cost less, lots on average are 1/2 acre or less, nuclear plant off of Lake Wylie (Clover), our terrain is described as rugged (not a lot of flat lots), property taxes are more than Union County in Charlotte, NC (as the influx of transplants coming in though...that will change).

That's about all I can come up with now but if you have any other questions feel free to ask away.

P.S. if you or anyone else out there happen to be in the area this Saturday (July 1st) we have a free outdoor concert, starting at 7:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. There will be activities for children (that will benefit a local charity), food and drink as well. A free tram can be caught at Turner Field in Tega Cay and it will transport you to the concert (return trip after concert is also included)....Come on by!
Question, Question You state that the property taxes are more..could you please give details? Thank you

Old 07-06-2006, 01:57 PM

2,536 posts, read 8,803,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tismekll
Question, Question You state that the property taxes are more..could you please give details? Thank you
not sure what kind of details you are looking for...on most occasions you will find that NC property taxes will run higher than SC property taxes. I know of one exception though (and not that there might not be more in NC....I just am aware of this one currently)...and that would be in Union County (NC). Of course as I stated before I think it will only be a matter of time that they will increase as the influx of transplants continue to grow (but as it stands right now....they are low). You might take a look at something that I found some time back (do a google search for agentbecky)...(don't know her..but it might help you to take a look) and then look under property taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>